N12Turbo.com lanyards are now available! Click here to visit the shop

My Exa turbo from SA

The place to introduce yourself, post photos and specs of your car.
Razorwolf

My Exa turbo from SA

Post by Razorwolf »

dono where to upload the pics but anyway here is my car ill take more pics later :)

Ben Hewitson

Post by Ben Hewitson »

supersweet.. i love the black ones.. interior pics..? engine bay.? got some mods.? show us your gear dude.
Uncie-G wrote: As for the drift steering wheel, if you use this combined with earthing kit at the same time the overall road feel and torque steer gets reduced.
shanec86
Administrator
Administrator

Post by shanec86 »

does it go faster with the wing? :P
Matt

Post by Matt »

It's angled the wrong way, it's gonna fly.
ET87

Post by ET87 »

i believe he thinks its a bird.. the car is gonna use its WINGS to fly
SSS Turbo

Post by SSS Turbo »

Nice man... ill post some pics of my car soon... i see you are in capetown..
SashET

Post by SashET »

Matt wrote:It's angled the wrong way, it's gonna fly.
Hahahaha, good point Matt, I didn't notice that. The wing should be point down, not up. Planes angle theirs up, not cars! Looks easily adjustable tho, don't think you'll have too many dramas with it.

Besides, with the wing angled the way it is, it would have to be an ET to take flight, not an EXA. LOL. J/K.....(couldn't help myself)

Cheer's
Sash

PS: Looks good mate, the black ones always look shit hot in my opinion.
Matt

Post by Matt »

SashET wrote:
Matt wrote:It's angled the wrong way, it's gonna fly.
Hahahaha, good point Matt, I didn't notice that. The wing should be point down, not up. Planes angle theirs up, not cars! Looks easily adjustable tho, don't think you'll have too many dramas with it.

PS: Looks good mate, the black ones always look shit hot in my opinion.

Imagine this on a high speed corner :shock:

On another note Sash is right, black ones do look awesome.
tassuperkart
Administrator
Administrator

Post by tassuperkart »

Ahhhh now gentlemen tch tch tch. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and thats the way he likes it, so it is not for us to diss his ride, even if its in jest!! Be nice now dudes.

Now, if you consider the airflow patterns over a car in a profile view, then you might find that the angle of the wing is more correct than you think.

Sash...Im ashamed of you......tsk tsk tsk, (E lowers head and slowly shakes from side to side) go back to your 1st year hydrodynamics.......! LMAO!

L8tr
E
Forcd4 wrote:Oh fuk no dude it's you a again, the oracle.
SashET

Post by SashET »

Sash...Im ashamed of you......tsk tsk tsk, (E lowers head and slowly shakes from side to side) go back to your 1st year hydrodynamics.......! LMAO!
Hydrodynamics? You mean Thermodynamics or Dynamics of Fluids dont you? Or are you getting confused in your old age? j/k E, dont get fired up now!

The wing is angled wrong, plane (excuse the pun) and simple, unless of course he lives on a planet where air passing over and airfoil behaves differently. But I'm seriously doubting that.

Cheer's
Sash
txateu

Post by txateu »

i like the wanky spoiler for some reason it just suits the car so much better then i thought it would... oh and yeah its fluid dynamics and it is angled the wrong way it'll lift up the rears and i think the only positive would be less rear tyre wear
cheers Michael,
tassuperkart
Administrator
Administrator

Post by tassuperkart »

Hydra/fluid dynamics meh principles are close enough. Whats in a name!!
Airflow will not remain laminar to the surface much past a single sudden 8 odd degree direction change.

Youll find that the airflow will separate off that roof line where it meets the window creating turbulence there and the airflow above it will curve down towards the boot of the car.

Altho angled almost horizontal, that wing will still....errrr... generate some downforce, if any, even angled up from that.

Bottom line is it wont in a million years generate upward lift angled that flat!

You fools!

L8tr
E
Matt

Post by Matt »

Settle down old man...Was just stirring :P
tassuperkart
Administrator
Administrator

Post by tassuperkart »

I still say ur all fools!!
Old man indeed! Bah!
LMAO
E
SashET

Post by SashET »

tassuperkart wrote:Hydra/fluid dynamics meh principles are close enough. Whats in a name!!
Airflow will not remain laminar to the surface much past a single sudden 8 odd degree direction change.

Youll find that the airflow will separate off that roof line where it meets the window creating turbulence there and the airflow above it will curve down towards the boot of the car.

Altho angled almost horizontal, that wing will still....errrr... generate some downforce, if any, even angled up from that.

Bottom line is it wont in a million years generate upward lift angled that flat!

You fools!

L8tr
E
Actually, thinking about it, you do have a point E, the same effect can be seen on many station wagons that have a flat back (much like the flat bit on the back window of the exa), you tend to see alot of them have dirty back windows and rear whilst the rest of the car is clean, its because the air off the roof goes turbulent off the roof and curves downward and then picks up dust off the ground and throws it onto the back/rear of the car.
Anyway, that works for a station wagon that has a long roof where the air can get laminar again after being sliced and made turbulent on the front window. I dont think te same could be said for an exa, it would be turbulent the whole time and stay that way until is passes the length of the vehicle.

Your right E, there no way that thing would generate upwards force/lift but it wouldn't be doing anything to generate downward force either. It doesnt do anything but make the car look good AND it does look good.

Cheer's
Sash