N12Turbo.com lanyards are now available! Click here to visit the shop

Mystic's Ride ---->> N12ET Lanos

The place to introduce yourself, post photos and specs of your car.
dexi_styles

Re: Emission ADR's , SR20 Gearbox.

Post by dexi_styles »

mystic_20_2000 wrote:...... As it sits in the car at the moment whatever box it is it has made the shift rod to short ( 1/2 inch to short maybe ) and i only have 1st 3rd and 5th as the shifter doesn't pull towards the rear of the car far enough to catch 2nd 4th and reverse.

try looking at the shift rod that goes from the bottom of the gear stick to the gearbox... it should have a slight kink in it on the gearbox end. As i know coz i bent mine and had the same problem.... best off having a look at one and seeing which way its bent.

Hope thats your problem cos its easy to fix.
Adam.
mystic_20_2000

Gearbox Pics --- Shifter Problem

Post by mystic_20_2000 »

Ok ... the Photo's of the gearbox are up on cardomain now, to me it just looks like a standard ET Turbo Gearbox. there are no adapter plates all the mounts look like factory jobs. Please have a look and tell me what you think. If i am right in assuming that the gearbox is in fact not a SR20 box, i will get back onto the guy that claimed it originally and say my piece.

QUESTION: Does the shifter link have a factory bend in it?? ____/---\____ something like that anyway? cause as it sits in the car @ the moment it is a straight rod that is rubbing on one of the torsion bars that runs underneath just rear of the firewall....

If someone has a pic i would apreciate it too. i am sure i remember the factory being bent from when i had a NA N12 pulsar.

Clint
BennyET

Post by BennyET »

n12 box.
from memory there is a bend, near gearbox end in the shifter rod
mystic_20_2000

Post by mystic_20_2000 »

I went to the local wreckers today to have a look at the shift rods on the wrecks they have there and they all seemed to have the straight rod... mind you they were all running below the torsion bar rather than over it like mine does, so i might try to run it under the bar and see if that helps get the other gears back.

I am having a little dilemma as to whether i want to convert it into the daewoo now, Its a Huge conversion, i am seeing alot of drama's and hassles already. I want to get the car running all gears so i take it for a lap or two around the block. i might end up selling the daewoo and keeping the pulsar. Because i have owned a pulsar before, it hurts me to cut out the nessesary engine mounts and render a fairly straight, limited rust shell, useless. Its amazing how attacted you can get to a car, lol.

To get the pulsar up and registered though, i got to rewire the headlights and indicators, move the seat further forward so the MRS can reach the pedals ( lol ) and probably try and sort out a dual boost controller so that she cant whinge at me that it accelerates way to fast pmsl.

Ohhhhhhh the Dilemma i am having lol. :)

My Mrs is on her hens night for the weekend, so that gives me all weekend to decide what the hell i am going to do.

BTW, does anyone have the bulb holders for both headlights >>> mine have gone walk abouts for some reason. if so how much?
dexi_styles

gearbox is n12

Post by dexi_styles »

dude i have my gearbox out at the mo, yours is an n12 turbo gearbox complete stocker mate!

and im not 100% sure but when i had the problem with my gearbox the kink was.......... now sitting in the drivers seat looking down at the rod that goes from the gear stick forward, it should bend a bit to the left (to the passangers side). NOW don't go by what i say coz most of the times i'm wrong (and yes i admit it!! hehehe) give me till sunday, thats when i put my gearbox back in. i will take a photo of the rod so you have an idea on which way it bends and how much.
and yes its just like the N/A pulsars (as i have had a N/A Pulsar too)

this is from memory dude so i could be wrong.
hope you fix it or ill get a photo up on sunday/monday.
cheers,
adam.
mystic_20_2000

Re: gearbox is n12

Post by mystic_20_2000 »

dexi_styles wrote:dude i have my gearbox out at the mo, yours is an n12 turbo gearbox complete stocker mate!
Yep that was already determined and a nasty sms have been posted to guy that sold the car stating that it was a SR20 Gearbox..... i suppose this is one of the lessons you learn buying stuff off of ebay sight unseen. just goes to show that there are ppl out there that wil dribble anything to sell something for a dollar.

Not that i would request anything in the way of a refund or something.
A) Because I am still happy with the rest of the car and the motor and feel that even though he stated a SR20 box, i still think i ripped him off buy paying 1075 for the complete car. :lol: @ Him. His loss my gain

B) Because i couldn't be bothered dealing with ppl like him more than once. LOL again.

I have retracted the SR20 Box part of the description of my car, gotta get my facts straight.

Thanks for the help with the gearbox issue guys. My 4 boys are in bed asleep might be time to sneak out to the ET and play with the shifter

Clint