N12Turbo.com lanyards are now available! Click here to visit the shop

Mystic's Ride ---->> N12ET Lanos

The place to introduce yourself, post photos and specs of your car.
BQ.05.TD

Post by BQ.05.TD »

yer its not legal in most countries to put a older motor in a newer car. i dont see you getting it in there LEGALY. put the daewoo tappet cover on it hahaha

but very diffrent indeed man. good luck with it
mystic_20_2000

Post by mystic_20_2000 »

BQ.05.TD wrote:yer its not legal in most countries to put a older motor in a newer car. i dont see you getting it in there LEGALY. put the daewoo tappet cover on it hahaha

but very diffrent indeed man. good luck with it

I have been speaking with the the Modifications branch of Dept Transport and to date noone has said flat out NO YOU CANT DO IT. I see this as a positive, what they did say is get the pulsar motor emission tested at a roadworthy place and if it passes the standard of the lanos ADR's then there is no problems with it going in.

I love the ET motors and I think they are the Ducks Nuts of 1.5L's I dont want to go up in motor size cause its my Daily Driver and kids school bus etc. it gets alot of running around and fuel is expensive. A 1.5L Turbo suits me to a tea.

Anyone Is welcome to come and have a look and offer a bit of advice.

Thanks for telling me what the intake is cause i never seen one like that. lol .. i wontlay claim to knowing everything about these motors ... i just know that they were a nice peice of engineering.

If i cant get this motor into the lanos then the ET will be the new project and the Lanos will be up for sale again.

Clint
mystic_20_2000

Post by mystic_20_2000 »

I am happy to chat with anyone on MSN Messenger ... just add me

Mystic_20_2000@hotmail.com

It is on pretty much all the time unless i am at work :s

thanks guys
Ash
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Ash »

cool, i hope it passes then, somehow? i don't know about the e15et engine being all that special though, it's just a good old little engine to me. they are good for being 1.5 and turbo though, you get good performance aswell as good fuel economy. so yeah, will suit you to a tee for sure! but i don't know how your going to get an e15et to equal the lanos engines emmision output though, i'm guessing it would be pretty strict being a 97 engine compared to an 83-87 engine. :?:
mystic_20_2000

ADR Problem - No Problem.

Post by mystic_20_2000 »

ok ... i have been on the phone again all morning and dropping in on the inspectors around the bay and none of them see an issue with the nissan motor going in .... including the Emission ADR.

WOOHHOOOOooo ...

This Project will be going ahead as planned.
I apologise for not having photo's of the Questioned Gearbox, i will get to it shortly, i just haven't had a chance to even look at the car today.
I will hopefully get around to it this afternoon.

There is a Sweet Midnight Black ET getting around Hervey Bay at the moment ... does anyone on this forum own it ? if not i'll catch him/her and refer her to the site ;)

Time To Start Thinking About Ripping Motor Out

P.S. The car ET i have is Claimed to be Running 15psi. Is this even Possible with a stock ECU?
I am Going to drop the Boost back down to about 7psi until after the conversion and inspection.
photoglossy

Post by photoglossy »

My Exa is on 15psi at the moment. You can run whatever you want on the stock ecu, its just not to good to run over 15... It starts to get very lean!

The most ive tried is 20psi, that was with the wastegate disconnected... dont do it... :P The engine/ecu does not have a boost cut to controll max boost, altho it does have an overboost valve that vents anything over 9psi. You will see this valve on the end of your intake plenum. it looks like yours has been welded shut so you can take more boost.
Ash
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Ash »

cool man, thats really good news! well, i'm looking foward to your build up again. i hope it all goes well for you, and make sure you post plenty of pics and news on the conversion! :twisted:
mystic_20_2000

Post by mystic_20_2000 »

photoglossy wrote: You will see this valve on the end of your intake plenum. it looks like yours has been welded shut so you can take more boost.
The overboost valve isn't welded shut :), whoever put the scoop on the bonnet spilt the black silicone everywhere lol ... it is all over the exhaust manifold too.

I am going to take the intake piping off now and take photo's of the gearbox now.

?? Does anyone have a Wiring diagram of the main harness plug giving a) wire colours ... b) traceable to where the wires go?

A complete one page electrical diagram would be really helpful. i need the sort out any ENG. harness into MAIN harness stuff.

Thanks heaps Guys

Clint
BennyET

Post by BennyET »

try
http://www.n12turbo.com/files/E15ETmanual.zip
it should be in there somewhere
Panda_ET

Post by Panda_ET »

does the black ET have white 18in wheels? if so i know who it is :P
Low Slow and Sarcastic
Always Oscar Mike on the AO

www.twitter.com/garagepanda for my latest Inane comments

www.TasSportImages.com
mystic_20_2000

Post by mystic_20_2000 »

Panda_ET wrote:does the black ET have white 18in wheels? if so i know who it is :P
Not sure on the white wheels. But it is the only ET that i have seen in the bay. Plenty of EXA's getting around. it is possibly the straightest Black car i have ever seen LOL.
Panda_ET

Post by Panda_ET »

this beast by chance :) im in tassie so i dotn even know where 'The bay' is lol but im mates with this guy :)
Low Slow and Sarcastic
Always Oscar Mike on the AO

www.twitter.com/garagepanda for my latest Inane comments

www.TasSportImages.com
thepurplepulsar
Administrator
Administrator

Post by thepurplepulsar »

He's talking about Hervey Bay here in QLD... I think he's talking about that black ET with gold 18's or something on it... there's a pic floating around.
Number 5 on the Top Ten List - 12.39 @ 110mph

My Car
Ash
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Ash »

not this sexy black et?
mystic_20_2000

Post by mystic_20_2000 »

et.turbo.dude wrote:not this sexy black et?
Nope not that one. Next time i see it i'll chase him/her down. i tired to give it a run for its money on my Honda CBR250RR good for 13 sec passes and i found out the hard way that it was going to give me a run for my money. It was a nice drag. was topping out all 21,000 RPM per gear on the bike and we were neck and neck the whole time.

i hope i am on the bike next time i see it cause the daewoo aint got a hope in hell PMSL ...

if i see it parked i'll take a happy snap with my phone.

Gearbox Pics in at about lunch time tomorrow.

Clint