N12Turbo.com lanyards are now available! Click here to visit the shop

Uschi's 86' ET pulsar

The place to introduce yourself, post photos and specs of your car.
BenTAxeL

Post by BenTAxeL »

d'oh i thought mine was the only purple one with a blue pearl. your looks alot nicer than mine tho my paint has issues (some slight cracks are becoming apparent) i have the same problem though i cant seem to get a good pix of the pearl effect it looks almost 3d ish like a hologram at times
www.sinit.com.au
If you haven't seen it, You ain't SiNiT
Callumgw

Post by Callumgw »

Hey Uschi,

i was talking with a guy down at the Nissan Datsun Sports Nationals that said he helped build your car and now he lives in Mebourne.

C
thepurplepulsar
Administrator
Administrator

Post by thepurplepulsar »

BenTAxeL wrote:d'oh i thought mine was the only purple one with a blue pearl. your looks alot nicer than mine tho my paint has issues (some slight cracks are becoming apparent) i have the same problem though i cant seem to get a good pix of the pearl effect it looks almost 3d ish like a hologram at times

I just checked out your pics. I like the dark purple, your car looks pretty sweet. Mine looks about the same at night, a mignight blue/purple. During the day mine tends to look pink/purple/ with a metallic blue pearl depending on what angle your looking at it. It's a MG F colour called Ameranthe. But it's starting to suffer a little aswell, it needs a good cut and polish. Plus there's some small bit's of paint that have flaked off here and there.

I've been told there's apparantly 3 or 4 ET's getting around Brisbane now that are purple, not that I've seen any of them... I've added them to my 'hit-list' though haha. 8)
Callumgw wrote:Hey Uschi,

i was talking with a guy down at the Nissan Datsun Sports Nationals that said he helped build your car and now he lives in Mebourne.

C
Hey Callum,

Hm... not sure who that could have been. There's only a couple of close mates (one who now lives in NT) and my father who's worked on it in the last couple of years.

Did you catch his name?
Number 5 on the Top Ten List - 12.39 @ 110mph

My Car
Callumgw

Post by Callumgw »

Yeah, but I'm crap with names so i forgot already!. He said he'd only been in Melbourne a couple of months. He seem to to know a bit about N12's, said he used to visit N12turbo a little bit, about 6'2" and was checking out the Gibson Exa.

C
onevia

Post by onevia »

love your car man that plenum and the exhaust manifold look tidy as and Iv always been a fan of purple et's. good work and you will get 12s out of that thing pretty easy.
missET

Post by missET »

get some sideskirts and you've got some mighty fine pRon right there!! very hawwwt. ;)
With a clunk and a bang and a bit of a stutter, I'll eventually make it to the carwash.
14.8@95mph- Thomas the Tank Engine, eat yer heart out!
thepurplepulsar
Administrator
Administrator

Callumgw - I really can't think of who that could be, especially now that you have said they were 6'2" haha. Dunno..

onevia - I'm planning on sourcing some slicks down the track, so with any luck by the end of the year the car would have cracked a 12.

missET - Yeah I do actually like the look of the factory body kit's, should have looked into doing that before the car was painted a couple years back.

My Car
raddavey

Post by raddavey »

How much did the custom intake manifold set you back? Do you have any more pics of it? Does it have internal bellmouths?

And do you think it was a worthwhile mod over the stock intake.

Looking good though!! Will be good to see a video of it running its 12 sec pass!
ACL Pistons, 226/236 cam, T28 Turbo, FMIC, FJ20T Injectors, Wolf V4 ECU, NPC Clutch, VL TB, Custom High Mount Manifold, N13 Internals G/B, 3" SS Exhaust, Walbro 500hp Pump.
237hp@18psi
13.52@108.95mph (street trim, leaky hg)
Callumgw

Post by Callumgw »

Well, he did say it was "the purpple one" in QLD, and he was about my height, so 6'2"...

maybe theres more than one......
thepurplepulsar
Administrator
Administrator

I finally got around to taking some pictures of the manifold for you..

Going back a couple years now I took the car off the road to change a few things including the manifold, motor, turbo and management. So I can't really compare how it performs over the stock intake system.

I've always wanted to do a test between the two but I honestly don't want to have to go through the hassle of removing and re fitting the manifold as it's a major pain in the ass to do. The main problem being the lack of clearance between the runners and the position of the bolt's/ head studs.

Pretty sure it was $800 or could have been $600, one of the two... I've tried to repress the memories of how much I've wasted on the car over the years hahaha.

If you are chasing any dimensions for the manifold let me know, and I'll measure it up for you.

My Car
etking

Post by etking »

damn that inlet manifold looks sweet, along with the custom fuel rail

would love the dimensions, especially in comparison to the stock one
Members Ride: http://forum.n12turbo.com/viewtopic.php?t=6786
85 ET, M/tech LT10X, T28, FMIC 2.5" Stainless Piping, 3" Intake, Dump n Zorst, JDM Inlet, CA18DET Injectors, Bosch 040, Bodykit, 17s
nvious

Post by nvious »

What strut brace is that
EVO 6 (Race)
ET Turbo (Daily)
Ash
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Ash »

nvious wrote:What strut brace is that
Boost_Truck_Racer's strut brace. he made a heap of them up himself for us forum dudes. send him a PM if you want one, but i'm not sure if he has any front ones left? ask and see. :twisted:
Langley84

Post by Langley84 »

those strut braces look sick!

What my plans are for the pulsar.. maybe a darker green tho and better rims
Ash
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Ash »

Langley84 wrote:those strut braces look sick!
you think that one looks sick, you should see Ben Hewitson's brace :lol:
i got a white one for my et but haven't even been able to test it out yet :x i got a 5 minute drive in with them on and they seem to work well. :twisted: