N12Turbo.com lanyards are now available! Click here to visit the shop

Uschi's 86' ET pulsar

The place to introduce yourself, post photos and specs of your car.
thepurplepulsar
Administrator
Administrator

Post by thepurplepulsar »

Well its been quite some time since my car has recieved any goodies. But I did a couple minor things recently that I'm quite happy with.

I picked up a pair of Exa front seats for $50. Overall they were in pretty good condition, one of them a 6cm section of stitching had come undone, so I fixed that up. A first I didn't notice a great deal of differance, but after some long driving I noticed I didn't get a sore back like a did with the ET ones. Best $50 I've spent on the car.

The Exa ones compared to my old poo-stained looking ET ones.

And since purchasing the car I've had this dodgy looking front indecator that I've always hated, plus the wiring for the parkers and indecator were screwed up. So after about 5 years I finally got around to getting some new ones, thanks Panda.

Old Vs. New.

Other than that I've got a Sard FPR to fit and I'm going to get it retuned in the weeks/ months to come. Hopefully by the next cruise.
Number 5 on the Top Ten List - 12.39 @ 110mph

My Car
etking

Post by etking »

pics of the indicators and seats in the car? lol yeah im waiting for some exa seats to come up in tassie but no luck as yet!

panda loves his clear stuff =)
Members Ride: http://forum.n12turbo.com/viewtopic.php?t=6786
85 ET, M/tech LT10X, T28, FMIC 2.5" Stainless Piping, 3" Intake, Dump n Zorst, JDM Inlet, CA18DET Injectors, Bosch 040, Bodykit, 17s
thepurplepulsar
Administrator
Administrator

Cut and paste from the other thread.

Yesterday I spent the day getting the car prepared. I removed the LHS headlight, all the seats, door cards and front speakers, parcel shelf with speakers, dumped the exhaust and removed loose items like the spare tyre etc.. which came to a total of about 81kg. I also ran the car on a 1/4 of a tank the whole night.

Rear spring chocks, ended up wrapping a shitload of tape around them to keep them in one place and from exiting the car if they were to break.

The weather cleared up enough and the the weather radar looked patchy, so I decided to go for it. I trailored it out there ready to race. Since it's the last time I'll be driving the car for a number of years, I didn't expect to be able to drive it home haha.

You totally should have came out Kane, the weather scared everyone off and there was literally a total of 10-15 cars running.

My first run, I ran a lazy 13.81 @ 109mph with a 2.7 60ft. I had way to much tyre pressure and no heat in them.

Second run, I dipped straight into the 12's. I was bloody happy, pulling a 12.80 @ 110mph with a 2.065 60 ft.

I was having difficulties pulling a decent burnout cause of my shithouse handbrake, so for most of the night I was launching at about 3000rpm.

12.87, 12.97, 13.04, 12.84, 13.11.

After all the pratice my burnout's progressively got better, along reefing the handbrake up with two hands haha. I got the tyres to a decent temperature, but still launching at 3-3500 rpm I had to much grip and bogged down. Running a 12.68.

Had my warmups sorted and the idea of more rpm, I launched at 4500rpm and reeled off a 12.45 with a 1.89 60ft!!! From there I went onto doing the 12.399 @110.81mph with a 60ft of 1.87!!!! Was totally stoked with the time and 60ft, especially now that I had a look at the top ten list. Woooo!

After that I ran 12.59, 12.40, 12.66 and finally a 17.82 hahaha. I was the second last person to race, launched really hard, powered through second and then that was it... I went to change gear and it was locked in second gear with no power and no clutch. I didn't hear anything go bang but then again I doubt I would have been able to over the dumped exhaust.

After shutting down the engine and pushing it along the car is making some serious grinding noises. The car did really well copping 15 odd hard runs on slicks and finally pulled off a respectable time, so I was more than happy!

Plus I had to make sure I made good use of the trailor hahaha. And that's that. Here's a couple video's, there's a few more but my brother is a pretty shithouse camera man hahaha. Enjoy.

My Car
The Renegade
Administrator
Administrator

Post by The Renegade »

Dude - congrats!

What a way to bow out and give the car a few years rest. Couldn't be more happy for ya!
--------------------
Trust no-one but yourself.

The beast:
http://forum.n12turbo.com/viewtopic.php?t=3982
=====================
Mid North Coast Member. :twisted:
=====================
baz

Post by baz »

That's awesome, But why aren't your going to drive the car for a few years?
My old exa I created from granny spec to a neat little BRIGHT car: http://forum.n12turbo.com/viewtopic.php?t=3903

Current Car: 2004 Vz SS Ute
thepurplepulsar
Administrator
Administrator

Couldn't agree more Glenn. The aim was only to break into the 12's, couldn't be more happier with the end result.

Baz- I'm taking off oversea's for a few years.

My Car
Damo

Post by Damo »

THAT IS SENSATIONAL!!!

Well done dude. Congrats.

Its good to see can be done when you don't hold back.

12.3 FTW.

Damo
Do humanity a favor, use your brain and fight the forces of WOO WOO!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G1mrbxhWU5Y
sleeper_et

Post by sleeper_et »

Good stuff.
Pumped out a good time there and the MPH is pretty smart too. Congrats
Kimmo

Post by Kimmo »

Sweet : D
TurboZ.Dude

Post by TurboZ.Dude »

Great results, congrats! :D
My N12:
http://forum.n12turbo.com/viewtopic.php?t=4926,
http://www.zxoc.co.uk/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=6345
http://forums.mightycarmods.com/showthr ... Pulsar-N12
in all honesty dude these cars are shit but they have so much character, are fun and go fairly well when running right. we still play around with these things because they are a fun addictive little shitbox! :D - Ash
thepurplepulsar
Administrator
Administrator

Thanks for the support everyone.

I'm looking forward to hearing some results on both your cars Damo and Dan, good luck running some awesome times and make sure to have fun while you're at it!

My Car