N12Turbo.com lanyards are now available! Click here to visit the shop

Solid engine mount

All complete technical articles moved here after review
kid nismo

Solid engine mount

Post by kid nismo »

Hi guy, my quick write up on the drive/passenger side solid engine mount for the ET pulsar.

I strongly recommend sourcing spare engine mount from the wreckers as you may not like the end result. Mine were source from the N/A pulsar N12. make the Pulsar is a manual, as the Auto mounts are heaps smaller.

Tools that will make your life easier,

Vice, Hacksaw, Hammer, Flat head screw driver, WD40/RP7.

You need the solid mount

Driver side

Remove your driver side mount

Make the complete cut in the inner ring of your mount. Spray alot of WD40/RP7 in between the inner ring and mount support. Then hammer the internals out. should be easy unless you have not completed the cut.

Note the complete cut through of the inner ring.

Now you are left with the support mount and solid mount. You will need a press or head down to your local mechanic to have them pressed in for you. very cheap.

The finished product

And lastly, re-install

Passenger side

Remove battery

Remove battery tray (trust me this will make your life easier)

Make note of your gear box (I have a pulsar ET with EXA Turbo gear box)

Make sure the mounts are the same

Re-install the mount. Screw in all the other bolts before screwing the bolt to the engine support.

The end result, it's heaps easier to go in reverse. Gear changes feel so direct. Car feels very flat on launch and power feels very direct in between gear changes.

The down side (anything under 1,500rpm), the cabin resonates something bad . Interior shakes that werent there before are now loud and in your ear drums. above 1,500rpm or crusing is fine.

I feel that the mod makes the car sound/feel cheap due to excess vibration, but clearly the benifits are hard to ignor. Mod more suited to track drivers, and to peeps who couldnt careless for comfort.

Cheer
The Renegade
Administrator
Administrator

Post by The Renegade »

Nice work.
Think I'll get me some of these.
--------------------
Trust no-one but yourself.

The beast:
http://forum.n12turbo.com/viewtopic.php?t=3982
=====================