N12Turbo.com lanyards are now available! Click here to visit the shop

Battey Relocation

Post your articles here for review
Boost1n-Et

Battey Relocation

Post by Boost1n-Et »

hey,
if anyone is doing a battery relocation to boot in the near future,
do ya think you could do an article on it, havent been able to find much on it :D
shanec86
Administrator
Administrator

Post by shanec86 »

Get a battery box, cable and a fuse... put the battery in the back. run the cable :)
djvass

Post by djvass »

yep that sums it all up!!!
SOLD EVERYTHING TO DO WITH MY ET BUT WILL STILL BE ON HERE WATCHING AND WAITING FOR THAT RIGHT ET AGAIN.
etking

Post by etking »

nice work shane, spot on, and so detailed, love all those pics you have included! lol, think this one is a job for justin, sure he has a million pics of it haha. Very good thing to do, tidies up the engine bay so much

you will need a battery box for legal purposes and i think u need to vent it to outside the car, but i wouldnt do that till i got told to by the police lol, but battery box is a good idea! also makes putting sound system in a whole lot easier!
Members Ride: http://forum.n12turbo.com/viewtopic.php?t=6786
85 ET, M/tech LT10X, T28, FMIC 2.5" Stainless Piping, 3" Intake, Dump n Zorst, JDM Inlet, CA18DET Injectors, Bosch 040, Bodykit, 17s
angel

Post by angel »

etking wrote:nice work shane, spot on, and so detailed, love all those pics you have included! lol, think this one is a job for justin, sure he has a million pics of it haha. Very good thing to do, tidies up the engine bay so much

you will need a battery box for legal purposes and i think u need to vent it to outside the car, but i wouldnt do that till i got told to by the police lol, but battery box is a good idea! also makes putting sound system in a whole lot easier!
you can use a dry cel like odyssey batteries and then you dont have to vent it.

but yes, run the cable from the battery (in the boot) to the started motor, and then ground the battery in the boot in a well grounded place, and make sure you reground the engine if you moved the cable, then fuse it at the battery.
its that easy.

good luck
Mods: GT28R, Microtech lt10s, stg3 cam, double valve springs, vn intake to vl external pump, mapassi @ 50psi, 3inch dump to 2 1/2 system, vl throttle, NPC clutch, 160HP @ wheels on 12psi

"power to the peaceful" Michael Frantii
Boost1n-Et

Post by Boost1n-Et »

Cheers Boyz,
Ill let you know how it turns out