N12Turbo.com lanyards are now available! Click here to visit the shop

PERTH ET/EXA MEET THIS WED 22nd NOV @ MOTORPLEX

Discuss local topics and organise meetings/ events here.
Ash
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Ash »

mate, i can't help you with the noises. which sucks. i hope it's not to major! :cry:
thats a nice little video of your 13.8 run. :twisted:
Wes

Post by Wes »

Oh, its something major. It cant not be. Something has majorly let go.

At least it gives me a chance to see whats wrong with 2nd and poss change the synchros while im at it.

Just a shame and annoyance that its all such a big hassle
Wes

Update

Post by Wes »

Ok

Have to rebuild gbox again. Its only done 1000kays if that

Need to get new sychro's from nissan
2nd gear synchro $142
3rd gear synchro $90
4th gear synchro $90

Thats without buying new main bearings, and replacing anything else thats damaged, and also labour.

Id really really like to get a brand new input shaft from nissan (hating my chances of THAT being possible and not costing me a fortune if it is :-s) and new 2nd, 3rd and 4th gears also.

I want everthing as smooth as possible, and yes Evan, im not gonna be flat shifting it anymore

Also going to rectify the angle of the gear stick from the short shifter mod, need to angle the stick side further forward, so need to cut and reweld on better angle.

Fun

Oh yeah, and thats also ignoring the head problem and needing to be ripped off and swapped. Im gonna do that when the car is running way rougher coz i cant be bothered atm. More important things on in my life than the car...
But its in the works. Gbox first coz its eating itself to bits

Wes
Wes

Post by Wes »

Update

Just got the new 2nd, 3rd and 4th synchro's
:( Not cheap

$324 total :(

Still now have to buy synchro springs and the baulk blocks (blocker bars) as Evan kindly pointed out to me after checkin i was covering all bases.
I dont do things by halves

So now its a case of finding out how much damage there is to the internals. Hopefully i dont have to buy anything more than new main bearings. Hope the others arent screwed like the mains :(

Wes
tassuperkart
Administrator
Administrator

Post by tassuperkart »

LOL keep at it M8!!!
L8tr
E
Forcd4 wrote:Oh fuk no dude it's you a again, the oracle.
Wes

Update

Post by Wes »

OK
Box is rebuilt.
Cost another $500
Not happy

Its a good possibility that i may just have an air leak as a few boys keep suggesting to me, coz she's getting worse and worse on idleing the more i drive it, to the point where it almost stalls.
I had to also increase the limit set on my boost controller.... to increase the boost back up to 14psi, and higher for 17psi (which i dont currently want to push it to atm) but it still pulls hard on 14psi
So im assuming its an air leak and will have a play tomorrow to try to find it
Wes

Post by Wes »

Gonna be pulling off the inlet manifold to make sure i havent cracked a weld or something like that

After chatting to my good friend Mr Hewi B, it appears the problem/leak may be after the TB with how its dying at idle, yet still going hard under full boost

Wes
Daniel youd

Re: PERTH ET/EXA MEET THIS WED 22nd NOV @ MOTORPLEX

Post by Daniel youd »

Nice discussion.
If you need a trailer to move interstate or just for local use, SRAC Interstate Trailer Hire can provide a quality, affordable one way trailer hire to meet your needs. http://www.interstatetrailerhire.com.au/