N12Turbo.com lanyards are now available! Click here to visit the shop

PERTH ET/EXA MEET THIS WED 22nd NOV @ MOTORPLEX

Discuss local topics and organise meetings/ events here.
Wes

Post by Wes »

I think i'll just get the bus or train

At least if my bad omen -that seems to have been following me with cars all my life- still follows me, then it will have them fixing THEIR buses and trains, not me
JeffET

Post by JeffET »

how is the car driving today wes? still sounding dodgy?
Wes

Post by Wes »

Sounds same as last night, when i was driving it off the trailer this morning...

I dont even want to look at it
Im going to go sleep now, need it so badly, im completely shattered
The Renegade
Administrator
Administrator

Post by The Renegade »

Aww now come on. I think you're taking this a little too hard man!

Challenges, stronger person, all of that shit.....
--------------------
Trust no-one but yourself.

The beast:
http://forum.n12turbo.com/viewtopic.php?t=3982
=====================
Mid North Coast Member. :twisted:
=====================
Wes

Post by Wes »

Reaching my limit mate

Wasted way too much of my life on these cars as is and dont want to spend anymore fixing them. Im using the parents old car and they need that gone. Ive got 4cars in total, all now off the road. Too many parts everywhere and too much clutter.

Just too much of everything. Sick of it. Most unreliable piece of crap. The whole n12 range
Im thinking of literally smoking the absolutely CRAP out of it, the burn out to end all burnouts and then just keep going till the theres no tyres on teh rims and the engine blows up for good ..... and then crush whats lefts

Also mate, can i please have my book and booklet back? Im not sure if youve read it or not, but i need it back to read myself as i need it right at this moment, and also i need to pass it on to another friend who needs it after me...

Thanks

Wes
tassuperkart
Administrator
Administrator

Post by tassuperkart »

Wes
We need to talk......................
Put the thing away for a while.
L8tr
E
Forcd4 wrote:Oh fuk no dude it's you a again, the oracle.
Panda_ET

Post by Panda_ET »

tassuperkart wrote:Wes

Put the thing away for a while.
yeh and walk away from the car as well :P

hey if ya needa chat u can ring anytime u know that :)
Low Slow and Sarcastic
Always Oscar Mike on the AO

www.twitter.com/garagepanda for my latest Inane comments

www.TasSportImages.com
tassuperkart
Administrator
Administrator

Post by tassuperkart »

Bwaaaahahahahahaha.......errrrm..... I do very seriously hope Wes sees the humour in that dude!
L8tr
E
Panda_ET

Post by Panda_ET »

see the problem is i read too many of your posts and my poorly hidden sarcastic comments are comin out more lol oh no turning into my father :)

im sure he wil see the funny side if not ill get a nasty phone call i rekon :P
Low Slow and Sarcastic
Always Oscar Mike on the AO

www.twitter.com/garagepanda for my latest Inane comments

www.TasSportImages.com
tassuperkart
Administrator
Administrator

Post by tassuperkart »

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhahahahahaha I didnt realize i had an audience!

I cant help it sometimes!!!! You fool!
L8tr
E
Wes

Post by Wes »

Panda, you wont see my revenge coming.... jj

Nah guys, i had a sleep, after having a vent and whinge and it was massively fueled by lack of sleep and building up over time with the problems ive had for so long.

Ive comp tested it, and it comes up 150 each cylinder. Thats cold. Im thinking its either a cracked head between the inlet and exhaust valve of one cylinder, so that kinda problem only shows itself when its at operating temp- ive had this happen before, so i know the symptoms.)

Or as ive just spent a while on the phone to Ben, he said he's had a head lift on him from excessive boost... and as has Ryan with Tia's ET last week.
I still cant get my head around how that can happen. This is hardest head ever (measured 124 on the hardness test -the best range is 110-130) and i have brand new head bolts... so i HOPE its that - as i havent done 1000kays to retorque the head yet- but will recheck that tomorrow too after getting some new plugs. Im gonna do all the cheapest things to rule those out before even bothering to pull the head off

I found the problem with the boost controller also.

It was exactly as i said it would be. I have a VL TB on the custom Racetec manifold.... so its backwards mounted.... and i have a metal vac line that needed blocking up that points upwards. Right in front of the fuel filter. Infact, right near the bottom clamp on the filter

So i put a silicon hose on it with a bolt in the other end to plug it.
Later on, after doing that, i needed to tee in the boost controller somewhere and that was the most simple place to get at.

So i tee'd it in.

Went down the drags and what happened, happened.

Checked it tonight and that hose was torn open, and because it was torn before the t joint, the air was venting out. Enough to not let the boost controller get the pressure it needed to register that there was boost pressure and to open the wastegate when it got to its pressure setting.
And, because there was that lack of air, it also stopped the boost controller from registering that i was overboosting, and thus didnt flash and beep its overboost warning like its meant to- and was doing earlier on in the night

With how long the custom manifold is, i didnt even think or notice that where the VL TB's metal vac line coming out is located... that it would hit or rub on the fuel filter clamp bolt head. Unbeleiveable. It rubbed enough to crack it, then more and more driving, just torn it open

Not happy

So im going to buy new plugs tomorrow, fix the air line, move the fuel filter clamp and get it back to road drivable (swap suspension back and ditch the slicks coz theyre dead now) and test thrash it. I dont care how i drive it anymore. If it gets worse then it gets worse.

Theres no broken ring lands or crown breaks so far.

So will let everyone know on here how it goes and if its still a problem and if the head needs to come off.

Wes
raddavey

Post by raddavey »

If you read about the Zoom cyborg lancer they connected up NOS to it and put it on the dyno. It was already making around 170kw atws but with the nos the extra cylinder pressures were lifting the head straight away coolant was leaking everywhere. With detonation the pressures are huge! So it can quite easily lift the head up. I think they are planning to cure it with some ARP head studs.
ACL Pistons, 226/236 cam, T28 Turbo, FMIC, FJ20T Injectors, Wolf V4 ECU, NPC Clutch, VL TB, Custom High Mount Manifold, N13 Internals G/B, 3" SS Exhaust, Walbro 500hp Pump.
237hp@18psi
13.52@108.95mph (street trim, leaky hg)
Ash
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Ash »

raddavey wrote:If you read about the Zoom cyborg lancer they connected up NOS to it and put it on the dyno. It was already making around 170kw atws but with the nos the extra cylinder pressures were lifting the head straight away coolant was leaking everywhere. With detonation the pressures are huge! So it can quite easily lift the head up. I think they are planning to cure it with some ARP head studs.
i tried telling wes about the arp's. ahwell. :twisted:
Wes

Post by Wes »

Yeah man, but like i said countless people have looked into them and no ones ever found any yet to suit the ET :(

Youre getting your wording confused man, between "studs" and "bolts"
Ben Hewitson

Post by Ben Hewitson »

i've already been trying guys. he'll sort it out in the end. good luck wes. i'm only a phone call away if you want to discuss solutions.

cheers.

HewiB
Uncie-G wrote: As for the drift steering wheel, if you use this combined with earthing kit at the same time the overall road feel and torque steer gets reduced.