N12Turbo.com lanyards are now available! Click here to visit the shop

PERTH ET/EXA MEET THIS WED 22nd NOV @ MOTORPLEX

Discuss local topics and organise meetings/ events here.
Wes

PERTH ET/EXA MEET THIS WED 22nd NOV @ MOTORPLEX

Post by Wes »

Hey guys

If everyone could please forward this link around to everyone and anyone who knows ET/EXA owners in Perth regarding us all meeting up for draggin at the motorplex this wednesday 22nd Nov

Sorry for the late notice but it'd be great if as many of you can come down, as possible, to meet.

Many of us know each other by name or chattin on the net but havent actually met in person, so heres the chance!

Hopefully my car will ALSO stay in one piece and get a good time (Prays!)

I'll be getting there at 4:30pm to line up for the scrutineering

Gates open at 5pm, racing from 6pm

If anyone needs to get in touch with me, email asap
wesn21@hotmail.com

Cheers!!!

:D

Wes
raddavey

Post by raddavey »

Not sure if myself or tia will be able to make it but we'll see how things go since we did race last week. If we can't go i hope the best for you Wes.
ACL Pistons, 226/236 cam, T28 Turbo, FMIC, FJ20T Injectors, Wolf V4 ECU, NPC Clutch, VL TB, Custom High Mount Manifold, N13 Internals G/B, 3" SS Exhaust, Walbro 500hp Pump.
237hp@18psi
13.52@108.95mph (street trim, leaky hg)
Wes

Post by Wes »

Eh, come down!
Now that youve got a great time, im sure she can get a better one!
Just retorque that head and come down :D !

Oh yeah, i also wanted you to come coz i forgot i orginally asked you to video our runs for us too. :( If you could make it, maybe even to watch that would be fantastic and much appreciated mate
JeffET

Post by JeffET »

ill take my shitty old camera mate....swing by my place if you can :)
Wes

Post by Wes »

Yeah mate, i'll be there just before 4pm

I hate driving with that car trailer hey
JeffET

Post by JeffET »

cool mate, ill make sure I have no work that afternoon. hear from you on sms or something then!
Wes

Post by Wes »

Ok
Hmmm well im thinking now about the traffic and all the contruction work slow zones now (after going last week) and i might have to leave at like 3:30pm latest from your joint.... take an hour to get there
raddavey

Post by raddavey »

The traffic actually wasn't that bad on the freeway once we gota outta east perth. And this was at 5:15pm.
ACL Pistons, 226/236 cam, T28 Turbo, FMIC, FJ20T Injectors, Wolf V4 ECU, NPC Clutch, VL TB, Custom High Mount Manifold, N13 Internals G/B, 3" SS Exhaust, Walbro 500hp Pump.
237hp@18psi
JeffET

Post by JeffET »

yeh, dont think itll take an hour, you could get to mandurah in that time heh
Wes

Post by Wes »

Dude
Ever driven with a car trailer? Can only do 90 on the freeway and these things are BARELY as narrow as the actual lane, so youre constantly makin sure youre not gonna get too close to other traffic. It will take an hour, trust me. It took 45mins last time without one, and i was floggin it on the freeway and from every set of lights.
It takes ages to get away from the lights with a car trailer....
raddavey

Post by raddavey »

Yes i've towed a car on on a car trailer at least 5-6 times from memory. Going 90 instead of 100 doesn't make that much of a difference. From your house it probbaly will take an hour. Cos its way up whoop whoop.
237hp@18psi
Ash
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Ash »

Wes wrote:Dude
Ever driven with a car trailer? Can only do 90 on the freeway and these things are BARELY as narrow as the actual lane, so youre constantly makin sure youre not gonna get too close to other traffic. It will take an hour, trust me. It took 45mins last time without one, and i was floggin it on the freeway and from every set of lights.
It takes ages to get away from the lights with a car trailer....

oooohhhh yyyeeeaaahhhhh. i know what your saying there mate! i've done it shitloads of time. last car trailer trip for me took 12hours from where i live, through melbourne, gelong and out past Coburg or some place then back home. you gotta be on the ball in the city with a car trailer! coz most city peeps don't know what it's like driving with a car trailer and just cut you off and don't show you any curtesy. and slowing down and taking off with a car on, well you gotta have patience. :twisted:
Wes

Post by Wes »

Exactly, in both of the last two replies
Which is why ive kept saying that it will take me an hour. It was never open for debate or a question, i was telling it how it is :P

And Ryan, no, im not whoop whoop, you guys are! Im 15min north of the city, not far off the freeway. I just hate driving with these trailers, and the falcon doesnt like braking with it either :(

Brakes get hot a bit quicker than normal ;)

Wes
raddavey

Post by raddavey »

We are 15mins from city aswell so we are both whoop whoop!! Although i swear your much further north at least from memory. If it takes you 15mins from your house you must be traveling prettty fast!.

Yeh i didn't find the problem accelerating with a trailer but braking!! my god the old man's fairlane doesn't like that. It was ok when we had the 4WD. Actually once one of those dodgy hire trailers the trailer brakes locked on when i came to a stop. Then i had to cross a busy street and was wondering why the car was struggling so much to move. Had to get out and hit it with a big spanner to free it up.
237hp@18psi
Wes

Post by Wes »

No way!.... 15mins north of the city isnt the sticks! 15mins north, up a populated part of perth to greenwood, or 15mins directly east.... when im driving i see cars, road, houses.
If youre seeing sticks, bush, scrub, kangaroos, camp sites, aboriginals in full tribal paint....then youre actually out in the sticks
Nice TRY Tia HA ;)
:D:D:D

Oh yeah! When the dude hitched the trailer onto the Falcon, he left that flap of metal down when it shouldve been up and flipped over (which is actually the trailers inertia brake..... so im driving and im thinking... hmmm SURELY this cant be right, the braking on this is stupidly heavy for an unladen trailer. Pull over to suss it all out and yeah, found the problem.

Id hate to think how things wouldve gone if i hadnt been told about that, and had the car ON the trailer, damn.....

oh, and how are those rachet cables..... the ones that you pull the car up with via the tow hook.... those things are HELL UNSAFE!

Mine kept popping off and sending the car rolling backwards back down the ramps coz it wouldnt lock into the teeth on the gearing. And im wondering when one of those dodgy old cables is gonna have enough pressure on it when fully loaded up and just have me saying in heaven "The last thing i heard was *PING*" after its taken my head off.

Youre DIRECTLY in the firing range if that thing did ever snap. I know its SS and its thick, but everything has its breaking point. Coz when youre fully loaded and trying to get the car up, you can no longer wind from the side, you MUST be right behind it to get enough pressure to make it turn. They need some kinda shield i reckon

*Calls worksafe*