N12Turbo.com lanyards are now available! Click here to visit the shop

Motorplex: Whoop Ass Wesnesday 15th Nov

Discuss local topics and organise meetings/ events here.
raddavey

Motorplex: Whoop Ass Wesnesday 15th Nov

Post by raddavey »

If anyone from Perth is here my missus is dragging tonight in her ET's at whoop ass wednesday. She'll be happy with a high 14!. I'll put a video up later this week. Lets hope nothing breaks.

Just has cooler, t25g, 15psi, exhaust, npc clutch!
She has done a 15.8 with afm relocation and the rest stock!
ACL Pistons, 226/236 cam, T28 Turbo, FMIC, FJ20T Injectors, Wolf V4 ECU, NPC Clutch, VL TB, Custom High Mount Manifold, N13 Internals G/B, 3" SS Exhaust, Walbro 500hp Pump.
237hp@18psi
13.52@108.95mph (street trim, leaky hg)
Ash
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Ash »

you'll probably see wes there? he's meant to be racing his et aswell :twisted: good luck to your missus and good luck to wes! :D
angel

Re: Motorplex: Whoop Ass Wesnesday 15th Nov

Post by angel »

raddavey wrote:If anyone from Perth is here my missus is dragging tonight in her ET's at whoop ass wednesday. She'll be happy with a high 14!. I'll put a video up later this week. Lets hope nothing breaks.

Just has cooler, t25g, 15psi, exhaust, npc clutch!
She has done a 15.8 with afm relocation and the rest stock!
how did she go mate? any good times
Mods: GT28R, Microtech lt10s, stg3 cam, double valve springs, vn intake to vl external pump, mapassi @ 50psi, 3inch dump to 2 1/2 system, vl throttle, NPC clutch, 160HP @ wheels on 12psi

"power to the peaceful" Michael Frantii
Ash
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Ash »

i heard she got a best of 14.8 :twisted: but ended up doing her headgasket. :evil:
raddavey

Post by raddavey »

Yeah i knew Wes was planning to go but couldn't get the car ready so he's going next week. He came down anyway for a chat and support!

First two runs it was bucking and leaning out on 15-16psi. You could really hear it as soon as it was on boost. She went 16.2@142kmph first run. So i went to wind the boost down and obviously wasn't enough as the boost stayed the same (that or i didn't move the screw at all) and again it did the same and went 16.2 again. Wes and i went over everything thinking maybe there was a boost leak although the bucking sounded like it was going lean. I tightened a few hose clamps etc but there was nothing obvious. Pushed in the ECU plug just incase it was that and wound the boost down two turns. The test was going to be on the track. When she lined up at the staging beams we noticed some steam burning from the exhaust. Anyway off she went and went 14.8@153kmph (95mph) running perfect. That was with a 2.65 60ft time. I was impressed, Wes was impressed hell the commentators were impressed. But watching the car come back it was pretty obvious it was burning water.

So we decided not to race it anymore. Didn't want to tow it 40ks home. After sitting in the staging lane for 15-20mins when she went to move it, it was missing bad on 1 cyl (sounding like a wrx) and steaming like a train! It wasn't looking good. Although when we left after a few mins it cleared up and drove normal. Wes followed behind and it stopped steaming. It drove fine the rest of the way and even this morning it started fine with no steam or smoke watsoever. She dropped me off at work and it still was fine without noticable burning any water. So it seems to have gone away. I will see how much water it uses but i guess soon ill take the head off and see what the problem is/was.

Mods are
t25g, 3inch dump into 2.5inch exhaust, fmic, 12psi, npc clutch.
About $600 worth. Exhaust is my old one (free), t25g=$100, FMIC + Piping (home job) =$280, and Clutch was $220

I'll try make the video tonight, not sure if my laptop will do the job. Otherwise i'll do it on the weekend at my parents.
ACL Pistons, 226/236 cam, T28 Turbo, FMIC, FJ20T Injectors, Wolf V4 ECU, NPC Clutch, VL TB, Custom High Mount Manifold, N13 Internals G/B, 3" SS Exhaust, Walbro 500hp Pump.
237hp@18psi
The Renegade
Administrator
Administrator

Post by The Renegade »

Good Stuff man, and hats off to your missus!

Pity about the let go, but at least it wasn't a show stopper.

Looking forward to the vid.
--------------------
Trust no-one but yourself.

The beast:
http://forum.n12turbo.com/viewtopic.php?t=3982
=====================
Mid North Coast Member. :twisted:
=====================
Wes

Post by Wes »

Yeah, she ran well! Well done babe! Very impressed, i (after seeing the first two runs) never expected it to run what i did! :D

Im gonna have to redirect my link for "this Wed 22nd drag meet" from the discussion forums to here. Havent ever done it before, so eh, easy mistake

It'll just be a redirect to this part of the forums, no biggy

:)

Wes
raddavey

Post by raddavey »

ill upload the video today since i took the day off work to study.
Her car is still running fine even after a few thrash's. Feels strong as always on boost and isn't using any coolant. So it looks like the detonation somehow let the water in and now its sealed itself back up. Its strange but it happened.
237hp@18psi
Wes

Post by Wes »

Cool
VERY lucky, but im still personally worried coz i know cars dont just fix themselves. (As per my reply to the other thread) -Id retorque the head gasket again though either way just to be sure and be safe for that extra piece of mind

Let me know if you cant get hold of one