N12Turbo.com lanyards are now available! Click here to visit the shop

Nissan Datsun Sports Nationals 2007 **PICS -- GIBSON EXA! **

Discuss local topics and organise meetings/ events here.
Panda_ET

Post by Panda_ET »

Thanks for that couldnt find a tassie version so im joining the victorian lol
Low Slow and Sarcastic
Always Oscar Mike on the AO

www.twitter.com/garagepanda for my latest Inane comments

www.TasSportImages.com
Callumgw

Post by Callumgw »

Panda,
These guys are closer to you
http://www.lcct.org.au/
They're not Nissan specific, but they'll get you lots of track time and you should meet like minded people

C
Panda_ET

Post by Panda_ET »

yeh i know some of those guys but i was after datto specific
Low Slow and Sarcastic

www.TasSportImages.com
boost_truck_racer

Post by boost_truck_racer »

hey that sway bar is bigger than 10mm looks like 17mm at less and the blade adjustment is on full hard i say it would be still than a standard antiroll bar.

there must be some mad of set on those rim if there 9'' and they fit coilovers behind them

btr
Panda_ET

Post by Panda_ET »

hence the Flares :) sweet car :)
Low Slow and Sarcastic

www.TasSportImages.com
gmsexa

Post by gmsexa »

hey guy's i am one of the owner's of the nissan motorsport exa. I have all the parts to fix the box just need time to put it back together. The cooler under the back is the engine oil cooler it is dry sumped so the oil run's back there to the tank and the front is full of inter cooler and gear box cooler. As you see it is how it race just need to get the paint scheme as it was for cams rules in group c rules. We hope to do a resto soon. The next time it will be out is at the Muscle car masters. The car is so hard to drive slow because of the big wheels and locked diff but on the track it will be very quick not that we have had a chance as the box broke after the two warm up's.
Callumgw

Post by Callumgw »

GMSEXA,
Nice to have you onboard!
Callum.

PS. When and where is the Muscle Car Masters?
Ben Hewitson

Post by Ben Hewitson »

dude, welcome to the club. you own a fantastic car and it means a lot to us that you've joined up to share some of the experience with us.

without hurting you in the competition i'd love to know some of the things that were doine with the computer and electronics on the old girl. especially where the AFM and computer are concerned.

my guess is the rom has been re-writen and they dumped the largest flap style afm available and totally remapped it (not hard as mine has a flashable eprom in it now as well). not to mention the old typo of T3 instead of T2 ;) bet they felt lucky about that one.

look forward to hearing your progress on this most enspiring of cars.
Uncie-G wrote: As for the drift steering wheel, if you use this combined with earthing kit at the same time the overall road feel and torque steer gets reduced.
gmsexa

Post by gmsexa »

there is not much changed in the ecu, i have talked to the auto elect that wired the car and all he can remember is fitting an control knob that changes the fuel mixture thats about it for the ecu. I am just rebuilding the gearbox after some trouble with damaged gears. The car seams to be unchanged since they raced it in the 80's. The muscle car masters are at eastern creek on the 1st and 2nd of september there will be alot of nissans there i will be unable to race the car but will get it on the track for some desplay laps.
The Renegade
Administrator
Administrator

Post by The Renegade »

Hey GMSEXA - Welcome aboard!
I'd have posted up a warm welcome sooner but have been absent from the forum due to a family death.
I will reciprocate what the boys have said - it's an absolute honour to have you aboard with such an awesome peice of motorsport history in your posession.
My Exa won't be done by the 1st of Sept (in fact i am not anticipating having it completed this year now) but I'd love to come to the Creek and meet you and the car and see it run some laps.
Good luck with the box repairs, hope it all goes smooth for you.
Cheers Bud.
--------------------
Trust no-one but yourself.

The beast:
http://forum.n12turbo.com/viewtopic.php?t=3982
=====================
Mid North Coast Member. :twisted:
=====================