N12Turbo.com lanyards are now available! Click here to visit the shop

Where are you from?

Discuss local topics and organise meetings/ events here.

Where are you from?

QLD
20%
NSW
16%
ACT
1%
VIC
29%
SA
17%
NT
1%
TAS
5%
WA
2%
New Zealand
3%
Other
4%

Total votes: 92

Langley84

Post by Langley84 »

well im sure it happens in all states.. However I have been to Perth and Vic in the last couple years.. Perth was a couple moths ago.. and besides the fact that Perths emergency Vehicles all need to be retired and be replaced with something NEW and Melbourne having a RED Clubsport R8 Cop car (Marked) and a Yellow HSV GTO (Monaro, Unmarked) lucky bastards.. Igot to see both.. lucky me!!

but No I never saw them doing it in either state.

I was at Pooraka Maccas, rohan you should know this place, and a Cop switched on his lights so he could get from maccas, on the wrong side of the road, through a red light back onto the right side of the road (right meaning left) and then turn them back on, and I have heard of a cop turning on his lights at the last second when there is speeding traffic going through an intersection and just driving strait out into it.. he got hit by a couple cars.. serves him right! I hate cops.. they are all dirty... am yet to meet one of these "decent" cops people talk about
BennyET

Post by BennyET »

i near got done on the weekend by a cop on a normal road bike. he just had his longs on with the light blue short sleeve shirt. the giveaway was the ticketbook shoved up his arse! looked damn funny :P

but yeah never seen a cop on an unmarked bike before, very hard to pick
Rohan 84ET

Post by Rohan 84ET »

lol, yeah i know of that maccas, haha, they set a nice example of road rules for all us citizens ay. ;) haha, you know what is funny, seeing my mates car getting pulled over by cops on horses, and and my mate nearly accidentally hitting one of the horses, lol, spooked the crap out of it !!!

still tho, up here in the hills, theres one cop that i named "Brendan" (one night me and ma mates had pulled into a car park in barker and the fuzz rolled up, this cop hoppe out and just casually chatted to us, nothing to do with cop business, i eventually ended up asking him his name and he said he wasn't allowed to say . . . so i said to him "i reckon your a Brendan" and he said, "sounds good to me". He went on about how shit the standard patrol vehicles are and how they fall apart all the time, and then i asked him what kinda car he owns, haha, turns out he drives some really hotted up red 2000 Subaru WRX with after market massive front mount inter cooler. so very defect-able but hey, hes a cop . . . it must be legal. ;)

hes let me and my mates off alotta times from drifting, overly loud exhausts, too low, after market steering wheels, lol, hes a legend.

(one night after he broke up this massive party we were at, we had a chat to him and were egging him on to stoke it up, we never in a million years thought he would . . . . but it was really wet, and weather he meant to or not, his wheels were spinnin!!! legend ;))
ET coming back from the dead.

SAVE ME JEBAS!
Langley84

Post by Langley84 »

Rohan 84ET wrote: He went on about how shit the standard patrol vehicles are and how they fall apart all the time, and then i asked him what kinda car he owns, haha, turns out he drives some really hotted up red 2000 Subaru WRX with after market massive front mount inter cooler. so very defect-able but hey, hes a cop . . . it must be legal. ;)
hmm Im sure if he drove that WRX the way most cops drive their patrol cars.. then the WRX would fall apart too.. most of them are gutter luvers.. i have seen a few cop cars going into the mechanics front end shatterd.. cop decided to try and drive over a round about at 80km/h.. what a loser
Callumgw

Post by Callumgw »

Well its only fair to say I have met a quite a few decent coppers, so I'm not for tarring them all with the same brush.

Vic used to run and unmarket cop bike about 4 years back. It was a black thing with paniers. The rider had plain black riding suit. Luckily it wasn't me who found out he was on duty. :D but it had little red and blue lights tucked very discretely into the fairings, not obvious until he turned them on.
BennyET

Post by BennyET »

sneaky buggers eh, in the last month i've seen a fair few different cop cars. marked and unmarked ranging from the mazda 3, toyota altise, fords, holdens, magnas. why now do they begin to use a wider range?
Callumgw

Post by Callumgw »

makes them hard to spot., Used to fairly easy, it'd be a commodore with to 100mm cubes in the rear window. Now thats not the case......

I'm a big advocate of visual policing though. Hide cop cars and cameras don't change drive attitude, because you could drive right past them and not know. Whereas see a cop and you slow down. See enough cop cars and you believe there's a blitz on and you moderate yor behaviour for a while. But if you don't "see" a car for weeks or months, then your driving really start to slip.

C
BennyET

Post by BennyET »

yeah very true, i saw the new red holdens in the paper you guys have down in vic with the massive Vic Police logo on them. pretty cool :P

i've noticed more police presence this week after easter than the actual holiday weekend
Langley84

Post by Langley84 »

lol Vic is good for that! i was in Vic and saw a Red HSV Clubsport with massive POLICE decals on it.. and i thought whats the point.. paint it white and blue like the rest

as for the unmarked Holden cop cars.. they easy to spot.. normally the digusting green color with the rear grate on the window (the sun visor thing) but with all the other cars.. who knows...
The Renegade
Administrator
Administrator

Post by The Renegade »

We are starting to get the coloured Highway cars in NSW, but our unmarkeds remain the same - white falcons and commodores with the light box on the dash.....
--------------------
Trust no-one but yourself.

The beast:
http://forum.n12turbo.com/viewtopic.php?t=3982
=====================
Mid North Coast Member. :twisted:
=====================
Ash
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Ash »

unmarked cars are easy to spot, just watch out for car's with more antennas than a country bumpkin's brute ute. :twisted:
Callumgw

Post by Callumgw »

ahh nice theory, doesn't hold down here in the city. Well at least the cop cars with lots of antenna's are not normal on traffic duty. The traffic cars are a little more subtle.
et_sleeper

Post by et_sleeper »

Brisbane southside
Ash
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Ash »

and us Victorians are still winning :lol: we RULE :wink:
etking

Post by etking »

ET whores lol, well have to start importing them into tassie lol
Members Ride: http://forum.n12turbo.com/viewtopic.php?t=6786
85 ET, M/tech LT10X, T28, FMIC 2.5" Stainless Piping, 3" Intake, Dump n Zorst, JDM Inlet, CA18DET Injectors, Bosch 040, Bodykit, 17s