N12Turbo.com lanyards are now available! Click here to visit the shop

WISD street meet 16th July

Discuss local topics and organise meetings/ events here.
raddavey

Post by raddavey »

yup that's what i meant. I don't think a newer ECU would help unless its missfiring etc with the current one. A better ecu won't make more peak power you just can tune in better drivability.

I could stick an old fuel only microtech in mine and have a dizzy locked on 15degree's advanced and i'll still make the same peak hp as with the wolf.
ACL Pistons, 226/236 cam, T28 Turbo, FMIC, FJ20T Injectors, Wolf V4 ECU, NPC Clutch, VL TB, Custom High Mount Manifold, N13 Internals G/B, 3" SS Exhaust, Walbro 500hp Pump.
237hp@18psi
13.52@108.95mph (street trim, leaky hg)
Damo

Post by Damo »

Glen:

Won't be staying the night, but will be possibly staying back a little after at Phil's mates (Toyota club buddie's), but this will seriously depend on what guys have planned for their week. I would assume some do have jobs that need to be attended. :D I have a full week off starting Tuesday so there are no constraints for myself, but I will have a passenger which may need to be back at a sensible time.

Hopfully I will only need 2 or 3 passes to give me what I want in the interem, so there should be some time for a chin wag at the track.
I'm also sure that you are allowed 2 guys as 'Pit crew' for entry, so you can jump in if you want.

As Ash said "Bonsai" the cervix and you'll be hosing Commos in no time :) .

YIS PSI, come down anyway and we'll remenis bout old times, I'd ;ove to catch up, I'll even run on 13 pound so you don't feel lonely.

ALL:

As per normal though, my build up to these things sucks ass big time!
Compression check on the donk last friday (sneaking suspission and oil blow by), and #1 is pushing 30psi! So I pull it down and found that it had smashed both the ring lands between the fire rings and #2/oil control. So I did the quick press off the old piston and heat shrink on with the new one, which was sitting in the freezer for such an occason. :D This was far easier than I thought it would be too.

Was supposed to tune tonight, but my dyno bloke was crook. So, that has been postponed till Monday night.
Anyway, keep you informed.

Anyone with any anti rain dance moves?

Damo
Do humanity a favor, use your brain and fight the forces of WOO WOO!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G1mrbxhWU5Y
tassuperkart
Administrator
Administrator

Post by tassuperkart »

YIS PSI, come down anyway and we'll remenis bout old times, I'd ;ove to catch up, I'll even run on 13 pound so you don't feel lonely.
Bwaaaaaaaaaaahahahahahahahaha geee damo, that was subtle.

You know, i reckon itd be worth the price of a plane ticket just to come and see that!!!!!!!

L8tr
E
Forcd4 wrote:Oh fuk no dude it's you a again, the oracle.
The Renegade
Administrator
Administrator

Post by The Renegade »

Hey Dude,
Sounds like fun! I'm still gonna try to get down, but cash is posing a problem due to my Pug Dog poking it's frigging eye out. Jeezez I should've been a vet and retired at 30.
I'll give you a call before Wed and fill you in.
--------------------
Trust no-one but yourself.

The beast:
http://forum.n12turbo.com/viewtopic.php?t=3982
=====================
Mid North Coast Member. :twisted:
=====================
Damo

Post by Damo »

Had it on the rollers last night. It reclaimed all the missing omph that it had lost in my ahhhhmmm...... fiddling with the tune :D Very similar power to last time which isn't strange considdering it is the same set up. 168kw on 23psi. We didn't run the toluene and extra psi, as the tune from last time was the same with just the added boost. At the track I will wind this up to 30psi with my 20% mix.

Interestingly, we gained a solid 5-8kw everywhere comming on to boost (which basicly means its boosting earlier) by messing around with the injector end angle. We moved it from 540 Crank deg to around 200 crank deg @ 0 rpm, then took it out to 300 C/D @ 4000rpm. This must have the slight effect of allowing some unburnt fuel passing into the exy manifold for a very slight anti lag.

Damo

The Renegade
Administrator
Administrator

Post by The Renegade »

Hey Bud.
Nice result.
Looks like I won't get there tomorrow .... :cry:
Next time huh?
I will be in Canberra working in the next month, so we ARE catching up this time. My trainee & I are planning things with an extra day or two up our sleeves. We've come to realise our managers have no idea what we do, so busting our asses to do it in record time is a waste of effort!

Good luck on the strip mate, sms me your results!

Somebody video the beast for the love of humanity!

Sorry mate.
--------------------

The beast:
=====================
=====================
RIP EAZY E

yea

Post by RIP EAZY E »

how did you go i didnt go tonight i was abit busy.... anyone get vids?
The Renegade
Administrator
Administrator

Post by The Renegade »

Damo did a best of 13.1 @ 110.
He was plagued with little gremlins like popping intercooler pipes off @ 3/4 track and finally had the night ended with a snapped alternator belt. Spewing huh?
I'm Damo will give you a proper run down once he gets back on the net later.

Hopefully someone took some video?
--------------------

The beast:
=====================
=====================
tassuperkart
Administrator
Administrator

Post by tassuperkart »

Geez thats a mighty quick terminal for a road car....damn...!!! That time is not telling the full story..nowhere near it.
That car shows great potential. Im not too sure feeding in much more power will improve things much. I suspect the car needs gutting out to lighten it up.

Reaction and 60' times might be an interesting read. Thats where the secret lays!

NOICE!!!!!!!!!

L8tr
E
Forcd4 wrote:Oh fuk no dude it's you a again, the oracle.
Damo

Post by Damo »

Hey Guys.

Very happy to finaly have a mph figure to back up the cars power/weight ratio.

I only got two passes in, one in which the i/c plumbing blew appart at 3/4 track, and the other felt trouble free.

Run #1 Only did a little skid, so not much warmth in the tyres. Didn't try the clutch switch launch limiter, as I wanted to get a pass in before I tried fooling with things. 60ft was an iffy 2.157, 1/2 track @ 8.75 and 84.39mph then 'pop' for a 13.767 @ 85.04mph. As well as the i/c plumbing, it also blew off the brake booster line, so I went for the picks at the end of the run off area, it felt like standing on a peice of wood!

Probs sorted, went back out. There were easily 200cars so I figured I would have to make the next ones count.

Run #2 Set the limiter to 5000rpm, brought the boost down just a fraction as at a glance on the first run it was overshooting. Sat in the water trap for the burn. Every time I went to release the clutch the engine was dieing. So i reached under the dash and pulled the switch wires out.
By that stage I was rolling into stage with the slicks probably still a little damp. Lights came down, and I was away.
Launch felt good, probably only a smidge of water for a very slight turning of the tyres. Everything about the run felt mechanicly o.k. Boost looked at around 25psi from a quick glance into 4th. Although, I did bounce the limiter in 1st, 2nd and 3rd which isn't the best for the quickest run. In hind sight and with a little more time, I should have re-set my shift light to just over 6000rpm (and then had the sense to shift there :D ) rather than the 6800 shift light and 7200 limiter. As the dyno shows peak power at a calculated 5500-5700rpm.
Anyway, 60ft 2.220sec 1/2 track 8.664 @ 87.32 and full track 13.116 @ 109.73 (176.6kmh).

Run #3, did a bigger burn for more heat, was prepared to dump the clutch at 4500-5000rpm, Rolled into stage, tree had just come up, and cathunk! Charge and brake light came up on the dash, poped it into reverse and backed out of the way. Popped the bonnet expecting to see the belt flapping around. But the thing was gone. Called out the marshall to get it back so I could put it on, but it was snapped in two!
Night over, may first elusive 12sec pass still for the taking! Was happy about the MPH though.

If I could drop the 60ft to a flat 2sec or better, and shift at the correct time, I would be thinking 12.5ish at around 111-113mph. So that makes me happy.

Damo

RIP EAZY E

yea

Post by RIP EAZY E »

how did you get home? know anyone that filmed it?
raddavey

Post by raddavey »

Shame about only getting one full power pass. What are the chances of a alternator belt breaking at the drags!It takes so much effort to go racing and sucks when things go wrong.

I disagree with shifting at 6000rpm if peak power is around 5700 unless your torque drops off dramatically. If its still making ok torque to 7000rpm then revving to 7000rpm in say 2nd gear will be quicker than if you changed to 3rd at 6000rpm because there will be more torque at the wheels in 2nd gear.

Now that you got so close to a 12 you'll have to go back sooner!
ACL Pistons, 226/236 cam, T28 Turbo, FMIC, FJ20T Injectors, Wolf V4 ECU, NPC Clutch, VL TB, Custom High Mount Manifold, N13 Internals G/B, 3" SS Exhaust, Walbro 500hp Pump.
237hp@18psi
Damo

Post by Damo »

Getting it home was no prob, trailer'd it behind the Lux. 300ks from home at the strip with a FWD on sicks is asking for trouble. :D

Yea, one full power pass is somewhat lame, but one is better than none. :?
I have had a bout of spitting belts in the past with a big rev, but solved that problem with re alining the altenator. It even crossed my mind to take the old one as a spare, but its burried somewhere and what were the chances.

My power does drop off quite markedly past 6k, so short shifting before 6500 would be benifitial.

It was so good to be back out at the track, can't describe it. Unfortunatly, the wiffy has other ideas, it may be the last time it sees the track in my hands!

BTW, I have vid footage, but have problems posting the shit up on youtube.

The first run is the best to watch, lined up against a flame throwing R33, he bit the dust of the line with a poor reaction, and then managed to pass me when the cooler plumbing let go.

Damo

Damo

Post by Damo »

I also have footage of my mates Carrolla wagon running a 10.9 and hitching the front left on take off.
He has posted a couple of vids on tube from inside the car also.

Damo

raddavey

Post by raddavey »

i'm not surprised the wife doesn't like the idea considering its a 600k round trip!! It's hard enough for me to get the time to take mine to the drags and thats only about 30ks away.
237hp@18psi