N12Turbo.com lanyards are now available! Click here to visit the shop

Is this site still active?

Got a problem, suggestion or compliment? Post it here.
tma
Administrator
Administrator

Is this site still active?

Post by tma »

Howdy!

Long time no see; I'm the original administrator and currently host the website and forum on my shared web hosting provider. I'm considering migrating to a new provider at some point and it prompted me to check whether this site is still being used or not. I notice there is still some recentish activity, but overall it's fairly quiet.

So I guess the question is: is it time to retire N12turbo? Who's administrating here these days?

Cheers!

Tarragon
KiloooNL
Administrator
Administrator

Post by KiloooNL »

G'day mate.
I'm still very active here.
I know a lot of my friends and people I know, myself included quite regularly check back on this site on old posts for information.

I'm sure you could check the website activity and visits quite easily.
I myself am a tech, to be completely honest if you ever felt the need to pass on the hosting to someone else I would be MORE than happy to host it and move it to one of my servers.
E (tassuperkart) and I are quite close friends, and I'm sure he could vouch for me on this.
I would hate to see this site go down, much like the gmane.org archives recently went down (albeit are now back up) which had the old N12 Yahoo group archived on there.

Cheers
Ben
tma
Administrator
Administrator

Post by tma »

Looks like Email Notifications aren't working (common issue, bleh) - didn't realise there was a response until I thought to check back. Anyway.

More than happen to hand over the site hosting to anyone who wants to take it. Shoot me an email at tma at moto-coda.org and we can talk through the details.
boosted

Re: Is this site still active?

Post by boosted »

tma wrote:Howdy!

Long time no see; I'm the original administrator and currently host the website and forum on my shared web hosting provider. I'm considering migrating to a new provider at some point and it prompted me to check whether this site is still being used or not. I notice there is still some recentish activity, but overall it's fairly quiet.

So I guess the question is: is it time to retire N12turbo? Who's administrating here these days?

Cheers!

Tarragon
Hello Tarragon (Allen, right?), good day mate!
I remember you administrating the yahoo-group!

It is sad to see that the forum activity is slowly ceasing.

Long time i thought that no one is interested in our N12s anymore, until i found out, that much of the activity has shifted to facebook, unfortunately (i hate FB!)

Funny thing, back in the days i couldn't understand why you were that much against swaping from yahoo-groups to the n12turbo-forum.
Now i am struggling with it, that people are leaving this forum to go for a "more modern form of community" :-)

Long story short: i still have my Cherry Turbo and i will stay here
Cheers,
Martin
KiloooNL
Administrator
Administrator

Post by KiloooNL »

tma wrote:Looks like Email Notifications aren't working (common issue, bleh) - didn't realise there was a response until I thought to check back. Anyway.

More than happen to hand over the site hosting to anyone who wants to take it. Shoot me an email at tma at moto-coda.org and we can talk through the details.
Hey mate, I'll send you an email on the weekend, works a bit flat out at the moment, don't have much spare time.
Thanks for getting back!

cheers
KiloooNL
Administrator
Administrator

Post by KiloooNL »

Tarragon,
I sent you an email over the weekend, haven't heard back from you yet. Just double checking you got it!

Cheers
Ben
KiloooNL
Administrator
Administrator

Post by KiloooNL »

Still waiting Tarragon ;)
15exa
Administrator
Administrator

Post by 15exa »

i still drop by from time to time. the site is a handy resource to have with all the tech articles etc. i would be sad to see it go
tma
Administrator
Administrator

Post by tma »

kilooonl wrote:Still waiting Tarragon ;)
I got your email, just been getting a bit behind on things. I'll reply shortly. :)