N12Turbo.com lanyards are now available! Click here to visit the shop

Attacked!!

Got a problem, suggestion or compliment? Post it here.
raddavey

Attacked!!

Post by raddavey »

I think we're being attacked by spammer bots!!!
ACL Pistons, 226/236 cam, T28 Turbo, FMIC, FJ20T Injectors, Wolf V4 ECU, NPC Clutch, VL TB, Custom High Mount Manifold, N13 Internals G/B, 3" SS Exhaust, Walbro 500hp Pump.
237hp@18psi
13.52@108.95mph (street trim, leaky hg)
Ash
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Ash »

yep, again. it's getting pretty friggen annoying. it's happening more often to. there should be a password thingy at signup to stuff the automated bots up. :evil: if i could find the dickheads that were doing this shit and they were close by then i'd be paying them a visit! fucking wankers! :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
Panda_ET

Post by Panda_ET »

hey admin boi's we need a humanizer by the looks of it cos they are raping us :(
Low Slow and Sarcastic
Always Oscar Mike on the AO

www.twitter.com/garagepanda for my latest Inane comments

www.TasSportImages.com
lynx

Post by lynx »

the links they post aint even that good :P
Ash
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Ash »

lynx wrote:the links they post aint even that good :P
oh thats it then! if they aren't any good :lol:
Ash
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Ash »

ok, someone make me an admin so i can delete these spam posts! :twisted:
lynx

Post by lynx »

same
thepurplepulsar
Administrator
Administrator

Post by thepurplepulsar »

Jees! What a bloody mess. I'm pretty sure I deleated all of their posts, if I missed any can someone let me know.
et.turbo.dude wrote: there should be a password thingy at signup to stuff the automated bots up.
I just check and there is a password 'thingy' on registration. If it's someone manually registering the bots then I gather it can't be helped, but if it's an automated bot then I guess it's not doing its job correctly.

I'll inform the rest of the Admin.

While I was cleaning the forum up I accidently deleated the ***My Car Stolen*** thread, my apologies.
Number 5 on the Top Ten List - 12.39 @ 110mph

My Car
Ash
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Ash »

thepurplepulsar wrote:Jees! What a bloody mess. I'm pretty sure I deleated all of their posts, if I missed any can someone let me know.
et.turbo.dude wrote: there should be a password thingy at signup to stuff the automated bots up.
I just check and there is a password 'thingy' on registration. If it's someone manually registering the bots then I gather it can't be helped, but if it's an automated bot then I guess it's not doing its job correctly.

I'll inform the rest of the Admin.

While I was cleaning the forum up I accidently deleated the ***My Car Stolen*** thread, my apologies.
ok, then can you make it mandatory to put your address details in so we can go and shoot these assholes! :twisted:
tassuperkart
Administrator
Administrator

Post by tassuperkart »

Sorry lads, it aint that easy and you have no chance of tracing the email addies.

The spammers use a varietry of strategies and the spamming and registratioin is all done automatically using dodgey randomly generated URL's and randomly generated email addresses sent over a wide range of I.P. addresses from behind proxy servers and so-on.
Its all done automatically. The registration process basically means nothing.

Replying to any of these email addies is pointless as the email will bounce. They are not legitimate email addies so dont bother getting all huffy and blowing off about it.
Replying to these email addresses is the most primary way that spammers use to gather a list of working and viable email addresses to send spam to.
replying to them is announcing to the world that you accept spam......you fools!

You cannot find them, not easily anyway and right now, the very best we can hope to achieve is to log all the IP addies and see if any of them continually come from a particular addy or range and just ban that IP range/provider.

I have been looking hard at some mods to the .php script that generates the forum to make registration only possible to an actual user, not an automated bot.
This reduces spam to almost nothing but I am not quite savvy enough with .php script to enable these mods in case I make an error and wipe the boards or something equally soft cock.
Those that know are aware of whats going on and will get to it eventually.

L8tr
E
Forcd4 wrote:Oh fuk no dude it's you a again, the oracle.
Ash
Administrator
Administrator

what a PRICK!

Post by Ash »

ok, this is getting out of hand! i thinks it's time we all loaded ourselves up on red bull and automatic weopons and find this cocksucker and take him out Scarface style! :twisted:

it's the same shit over and over again and i think comes from the same source so can we yet track this losers ip addy and ban the tosser yet?

i prefer option number 1 but it will take ages to find him and i don't really want to go to jail. :evil:
raddavey

Post by raddavey »

This is why a lot of forums have that "code" you have to type in. To stop this "bots".

What we should be able to do is set it up so moderators need to approve members before they can be registered. That why when you see some dodgy looking names just dont approve them and they can't post.
ACL Pistons, 226/236 cam, T28 Turbo, FMIC, FJ20T Injectors, Wolf V4 ECU, NPC Clutch, VL TB, Custom High Mount Manifold, N13 Internals G/B, 3" SS Exhaust, Walbro 500hp Pump.
237hp@18psi
shanec86
Administrator
Administrator

Post by shanec86 »

lol ryan, we tried that, do you realise how many people actually want to sign up. it was the biggest pain in the ass ever. We already go through member list as it is deleting dodgy people. I know Evan does it, and i usually do it when ever i can as well.

Im going to install the code for when you sign up you must insert a code ... eg 5GH7 in the weird picture box.
Ill try do this asap.
Panda_ET

Post by Panda_ET »

yeo this is what i was talkin bout its called a 'humanizer'
Low Slow and Sarcastic
Always Oscar Mike on the AO

www.twitter.com/garagepanda for my latest Inane comments

www.TasSportImages.com
raddavey

Post by raddavey »

Whoop sorry Shane. I didn't think there would be that many N12s that are still running let alone signing up on a forum.
237hp@18psi