N12Turbo.com lanyards are now available! Click here to visit the shop

Upgrading my injectors

General chat related to anything N12.
ETTRBO

Upgrading my injectors

Post by ETTRBO »

hey i want to upgrade my injectors so when i run my aftermarket ecu the car will be ready, the thing is i want to use the old fuel rail setup but with bigger injectors, how do i go about keeping them in the head like the old ones? do i cut the metal thing off the old injectors and put it on the new ones then the black chock thing then screw them back into the head? i prob didnt make any sence but help me out if you can lol

Shane
Project is now finished!
raddavey

Post by raddavey »

You can use FJ20ET injectors and they fit straight in. You just remove the rail and cut off the hose and swap the injectors with new fuel hose. Just cut the lengths correct so it fits up like stock.
ACL Pistons, 226/236 cam, T28 Turbo, FMIC, FJ20T Injectors, Wolf V4 ECU, NPC Clutch, VL TB, Custom High Mount Manifold, N13 Internals G/B, 3" SS Exhaust, Walbro 500hp Pump.
237hp@18psi
13.52@108.95mph (street trim, leaky hg)
Panda_ET

Post by Panda_ET »

are u going to do the injectors first and run them with stock ecu before upgrading the ecu? not gunna be a great outcome its gunan run extremely rich. not sure if i was reading correctly thats all
SammyET

Post by SammyET »

You can see in my sale thread: http://www.forum.n12turbo.com/viewtopic.php?t=16

also, let me know if you are interested in the injectors.

Sam
ETTRBO

Post by ETTRBO »

yair im only useing the standerd ecu for 2 weeks untill i buy the new one then ill be running a microtech again,

the thing i need to know how do i get the metal plate off the old injectors onto the old ones? force them off then force them onto the new ones? im not to sure what the injectors are off as i havnt picked them up off my cousin yet

thanks for the reply guys!
Project is now finished!
Panda_ET

Post by Panda_ET »

i owuldnt put the injectors in till u get the microtech in unless they are slightly larger(within 10%) sa teh stock ecu will treat them with the very same pulses meaning severe overfueling in some cases.

but to answer u Q take the balck plastic bit off and slide them over the ne ones and depending on the type of injectors u get it depends on how they hook upto teh rail. the type that havea barbed end are the same a the E15et and injectors like the CA18 slide into the rail which are different all u do with them is remove the little rubber oring and slide a piece of hose over it and put a clamp on it :) well thats all i did anyway
angel

Post by angel »

there were some ca 18 injectors that came out with the barbed end but i forget which year. id go the fj injectors although they are getting hard to find. got to fj20.com and find some there. as panda said just slip of the plastic part then the metal bit will come off, you may have to remove the rubber rings to put them on to the new injectors.

What sort of power are you looking out and what boost. if you plan on running high boost and you have the money, it would be worth buying those rx 7 injectors, heaps of flow, and they have an excellent spray or so ive been told

good luck

angel
Mods: GT28R, Microtech lt10s, stg3 cam, double valve springs, vn intake to vl external pump, mapassi @ 50psi, 3inch dump to 2 1/2 system, vl throttle, NPC clutch, 160HP @ wheels on 12psi

"power to the peaceful" Michael Frantii
ETTRBO

Post by ETTRBO »

yair i know how to go about the fuel rail side of things but the metal thing that is on the injectors then the black chock thing then it bolts to the head? you know that part? sorry i should explained it better but dont know what its called thats the part i need to know how to get onto other injectors

thanks guys
Project is now finished!
ETTRBO

Post by ETTRBO »

not looking at too much power but later on ill will be putting on a gt25 series turbo at around 20psi high and 14 low just want to do all the little things so its ready when i get it all done

thanks again guys
Project is now finished!
exanator

injectors

Post by exanator »

hey wanting to know, ive go standard computer with a t25g on 12psi and 400x300 intercooler....is it worth doing or will it help if i put in bigger injectors and if so what also fits into the rail without making it run rich normally????

and will it be of any benefit to do it as im not going to upgrade my computer and i wont take it beyond 13psi so please if any1 has done it then give me some advice!
Paul Smith

Post by Paul Smith »

Don't change from standard injectors if the stock ECU is going to be used. It'll run rich.
Panda_ET

Re: injectors

Post by Panda_ET »

exanator wrote:hey wanting to know, ive go standard computer with a t25g on 12psi and 400x300 intercooler....is it worth doing or will it help if i put in bigger injectors and if so what also fits into the rail without making it run rich normally????

and will it be of any benefit to do it as im not going to upgrade my computer and i wont take it beyond 13psi so please if any1 has done it then give me some advice!
dont put bigga injectors on stock ecu it will just make it run like a dog. ur stock injectors will handle the 13psi easy they wil take upto 15-16psi
angel

Post by angel »

MRET2U wrote:yair i know how to go about the fuel rail side of things but the metal thing that is on the injectors then the black chock thing then it bolts to the head? you know that part? sorry i should explained it better but dont know what its called thats the part i need to know how to get onto other injectors

thanks guys
first remove injector, 2nd remove the plastice black piece, under the plastic piece there will be a rubber ring, its pretty tight but you can remove it, but dont damage it because you still need it, after thats gone you can just simply slide the metal plate off.
Sorry if thats confussing.

and yes paul is correct, dont put bigger injectors in with a standard computer, if your worried about fuel at the high end of the revs just add a malpassi rising rate.
Mods: GT28R, Microtech lt10s, stg3 cam, double valve springs, vn intake to vl external pump, mapassi @ 50psi, 3inch dump to 2 1/2 system, vl throttle, NPC clutch, 160HP @ wheels on 12psi

"power to the peaceful" Michael Frantii
ETTRBO

Post by ETTRBO »

lol no confusion there i get you now sorry about the mix up i should of been more clear and explained what i was talking about if i knew what the plate was called lol thanks everyone been a great help!

these injectors will only be on for 2weeks max so i dont mind if it runs too rich or like a dog it will be all good for when ecu go's in :lol:

Shane
Project is now finished!