N12Turbo.com lanyards are now available! Click here to visit the shop

microtech mt8 loom with lt10s ecu ?????

General chat related to anything N12.
2fast2stop

microtech mt8 loom with lt10s ecu ?????

Post by 2fast2stop »

Fellas having a look at the pinouts on the mt8 ecu most of the pins remain the same as the lt10s except for injector no. 3 and 4 have swapped places... Also mt8 loom has 1 ignition wire where as lt10s has 4 wires.

What can you fellas tell me? Give me some good news like ....just to swap the injector plug 3&4 an the ignition will be fine?

Cheers
tassuperkart
Administrator
Administrator

Post by tassuperkart »

MT looms can have 1, 2, 3 or 4 wires from the ignition outputs plus a dissie/tach wire.
The outputs are in the old ECU, they are just not configged by microtech UNLESS it was originally specced when the ECU was first bought.

Connect away.

Oracle
Forcd4 wrote:Oh fuk no dude it's you a again, the oracle.
2fast2stop

Post by 2fast2stop »

Tas you've done it again! Cheers

So can just confirm with you a few more things?

I need to swap the injector plugs don't I to suit the different pin out?

I will also need to transfer the tune from the mt8 to the lt10s to be safe before going to the dyno. Easy way I would say is to write it all down and double check it and then add to the lt10?

Thanks mate appreciated.
tassuperkart
Administrator
Administrator

Post by tassuperkart »

Injector Plugs.
if the pinouts are different then yes you do. Id just extract the pins out of the plastic plug and move them to where they need to go.

Yes, just write it all down is the easiest way. Every screen!! Its painful but worth the bother.

Be sure that the new ECU is off a similar Nissan tho. You cant copy the CAS config settings if the ECU is off something other than a Nissan and a shitload of money if you have to ask Microtech to do it.

Oracle
Last edited by tassuperkart on Thu Mar 13, 2014 7:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
Forcd4 wrote:Oh fuk no dude it's you a again, the oracle.
2fast2stop

Post by 2fast2stop »

Thanks mate. Yep it's off an et turbo