N12Turbo.com lanyards are now available! Click here to visit the shop

ca18et swap transmission and clutch worries

General chat related to anything N12.
leposima

ca18et swap transmission and clutch worries

Post by leposima »

Heya!

I'm about to plant ca18et under the hood of my N12, but I'm a little unsure what gearbox and clutch should I use with it. The current setup is 370cc injectors, ca20e intake manifold, rb25det maf, chipped ecu, steel exhaust manifold and garret T3. With this combination I aim to ~300hp engine power.

But I'm a little uncertain will gearbox and especially clutch hold that amount of torque. Now I have gearbox and (power train) from CD17 diesel engine, but I'm hesitating should I use gearbox (and flywheel) from CA18 instead, then I would need to install hydraulic clutch sylinders as well, but it would allow me to use Ca18det clutch, which can easily hold the amount of torque..

Other option would be to use the CD17 gearbox, but with reinforced clutch, perhaps e15et clutch plate could be used?

Any ideas and recommodations are welcome :)

Thanks,
Leposima
tassuperkart
Administrator
Administrator

Post by tassuperkart »

Id rule out the E15et clutch. At 200mm its pretty small. Big money for something suitable in a such a small single plate.

Your best bet is to stick with the transmission that the CA bolts to. Everything bolts up, stays nice and stock and there is a world of aftermarket for CA's.

Oracle
Forcd4 wrote:Oh fuk no dude it's you a again, the oracle.
leposima

Post by leposima »

Ok :)

I'll have compared the ca18et flywheel and the cd17 flywheel and they seem to be have almost same diameter, and the ca18et seems to be bit lighter..

I notided P11 TD has 225mm clutch plate with same amount of splines as e15et clutch.

Then one option would option would be to try ca18et flywheel, pressure plate, p11td clutch plate and then perhaps cd17 release bearing..
tassuperkart
Administrator
Administrator

Post by tassuperkart »

Up to you m8 but if it were mine, Id stay with a proven and popular setup.

Oracle
Forcd4 wrote:Oh fuk no dude it's you a again, the oracle.