N12Turbo.com lanyards are now available! Click here to visit the shop

Microtech dreamers/frustration

General chat related to anything N12.
mret

Microtech dreamers/frustration

Post by mret »

Hey guys I know this has been covered many times before but....
I have made a few n12 microtech loupes but was so long ago I have forgoten a few things

I have a mt8 with lt8 software and have made the loume to suit factory dissy and coil it's running stock injectors at the moment and a t28 and is fitted with jap intake and vl throttle and tps

Now where the frustration starts my microtech is supposedly off a sr20 I have copped a few base maps into the ecu and it will still not start
With the id ref set to 6 and tec ref set to 48 is the best it's been and it's kicking but backfiring through the exhaust
checked fireing order
Base timing of roughly 15btdc
It sounds like the timing is out but I have my suspicions on the computer
I suppose ideally finding someone with a running e15 or ca/sr and loading thee tune on it and trying it on there car to see if it worked would be ideal

But would I be able to bother someone for all the ignition settings from there single coil e15
tassuperkart
Administrator
Administrator

Post by tassuperkart »

Google is your friend. Everything you need is here:

http://microtechefi.com/download/MTX_8% ... %20CYL.pdf

Have fun.

Oracle
Forcd4 wrote:Oh fuk no dude it's you a again, the oracle.
mret

Post by mret »

Hey mate yer I have that and have been through all of that but it dosnt realy help me
Angel chum and I had this a few times we just used to check eachothers cars but kind of hard now cause there not around
tassuperkart
Administrator
Administrator

Post by tassuperkart »

Well, first, have you confirmed stable initial ignition timing, while cranking over with a timing light or just assuming its? "roughly 15deg"

Positive that the cam is set on the correct marks?Leads might be appearing correct but is the dissie rotor actually pointing at the correct lead when firing on #1?

Might have a primary ECU config setup wrong. Positive its off an SR with a dissie?
Might be triggering off the rising edge or something like that.

Do you have the ignition output actually connected to a dissie output?
Some Microtechs setup for multi-coil setups dont even have a dissie or Tach output configured at all.

No sneaky fuel cuts enabled.
Not accidentally set the rev limiter down at a couple of hundred revs by mistake?

Do you have you ignition config correct. Coil triggering set to time based and 3.5Ms dwell time?

If you can confirm stable cranking timing then you have cranking fuel problem.

In completed articles, there is a tune in there which serves as a startup and drive away setting.
Its been tried and tested.

Oracle
mret

Post by mret »

I checked the rotor button is pointing to tdc nub1 cyl
even spraying aerostart into it all I get is a pop when checking spark it has a constant spark from the coil like I would expect I have loaded the base map into it and no different iv configed base and 3.5 dwell I static timed it to roughly 15 deg didnt think the timing light would read accuratly anough at crank speed thats why I static timed it :s

"Might be triggering off the rising edge or something like that. Do you have the ignition output actually connected to a dissie output? Some Microtechs setup for multi-coil setups dont even have a dissie or Tach output configured at all. "This im unsure of how would I check this
I have the coil trig as far as I know its the grey blue trace I think to the coil

ill recheck cam timing tho when I get home

how would I tell which engine its configed for
tassuperkart
Administrator
Administrator

Post by tassuperkart »

OK, first, you cant "static" time it.
Your guessing at best.

First thing is to get your dashboard running on the M-T software and crank it looking for a stable cranking speed of 200<> rpm.
This will indicate that the trigger pulses are actually coming from the trigger slots and not from the synch timer Ie: triggers wired in reverse.

Next, just point your timing light and crank it and set initial timing there at 10 degrees.
This is the minimum cranking timing the Microtech will allow when cranking.
The timing light will track it down to hand cranking speed!

You cant tell the ECU primary CAS configuration apart from what you can find in the various screens. Youll have to return it to Microtech for that Im afraid.

Oracle
CET90

Post by CET90 »

You may need to have the ECU reconfigured to suit e15/fj20 Distributor to operate ??thats what my MT8 is configured for
After owing a number of et i finally bought another 8 years later....