N12Turbo.com lanyards are now available! Click here to visit the shop

ecu's

General chat related to anything N12.
theS-man88

RB20DET ECU

Post by theS-man88 »

My apologies, I really shouldn't have skimmed over some of the posts before posting.

Silvertop engine management works pretty well with Nistune (or even a socketed ECU and an EPROM burned with a .bin that has the fuel and ignition tables rescaled so you can avoid rich and retard with a bit more boost, if you know someone with such a .bin).

Redtop ECCS, meh. It's pretty basic, I think you don't even get acceleration enrichment.

Redtop NICS - just yuck.

PowerFC's are pretty decent too, like everyone has said. But whatever your tuner is happy to use should be fine.
poeticjustice88

Post by poeticjustice88 »

I wont be tuning it myself. I have an understanding of everything required in the tune, but putting it all into practice and getting everything to balance out perfectly is something too far above me. Damo showed me quite a lot of stuff with tuning, and explained it all perfectly but I will not be tuning it myself.

As I said earlier, there are about 10 -15 tuners within 10 kms of me that can all tune all different ecus. And every one of these shops are reputable. Then 30 minutes up the H/way heading to brisvegas nets me about 10 to 15 more

They are all proffessional shops with good reps, between all of them, there is not an ecu that can not be done, so i am simply looking to go with the best i can get for a low price.