N12Turbo.com lanyards are now available! Click here to visit the shop

E15 manifold & carb questions

General chat related to anything N12.
vb11

E15 manifold & carb questions

Post by vb11 »

I've got an E15 with stock Hitachi carb in my panel van. I've also got a weber 32/36 sitting in the shed. Now I've seen this carb swap on the E15 before and I know redline make an adaptor to suit the E15 manifold. But when I measured the mounting studs on the Hitachi it looks as if the adaptor plate won't suit. The stud pattern on the stock carb is much smaller than the weber (both width and length). The carb bolts on via long bolts that pass through the manifold and into threaded holes on the carb.

So what I'd like to know is, did AUS delivered E15 have a different manifold/carb than USDM? Have others here successfully installed a 32/36 with an adaptor plate?

Thanks in advance.
tassuperkart
Administrator
Administrator

Post by tassuperkart »

The adapter plate bolts down to the manifold and then the carb then bolts to the adapter.
No studs poke thru the plate from the manifold. The stock manifold studs are actually removed and replaced by bolts.
32/36 would be a reasonable upgrade with supporting breathing improvements.
Unless you prepared to upgrade to extractors and a good exhaust, some port matching and perhaps a light cam and re-mapped ignition, on its own would be worth little if anythingpretty much apart from bragging rights.

Oracle
Last edited by tassuperkart on Fri May 17, 2013 11:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Forcd4 wrote:Oh fuk no dude it's you a again, the oracle.
vb11

Post by vb11 »

Thanks for the response Oracle.

I know how the adaptor plate works. But the stud pattern on the Hitachi is approx 36x65mm, where as the 32/36 is a much larger 46x94mm. This is the recommended plate from redline:

Am I missing something? Cos to me that looks as though it wont work.
n12et_exa

Post by n12et_exa »

that looks like it all to me mate its a two piece set up by the looks of it the one i had on my stanza was a solid one piece
n12et_exa

Post by n12et_exa »

it goes gasket small hole plate with the tapered hex bolts then gasket then top plate held down with the smaller hex bolts then studs into that
vb11

Post by vb11 »

@ Oracle - I know the carb alone won't be a huge upgrade, but instead of rebuilding the Hitachi I thought I'd install the weber. More upgrades later down the track. A little off track but I'm thinking I might even build a quad carb set up for my other b11 van, similar to my previous ride:

@ n12et exa - I understand how the plates work. I'm just curious to know if USDM E15's were identical to ADM models and if anyone in Oz has used this adaptor as my redline supplier warned it may not fit on our E15.
tassuperkart
Administrator
Administrator

Post by tassuperkart »

Yes, but is that picture of the exact item or just a generic picture/representation.
Contact them to confirm the bolt spacings if your in doubt.

Oracle
Forcd4 wrote:Oh fuk no dude it's you a again, the oracle.
vb11

Post by vb11 »

tassuperkart wrote:Yes, but is that picture of the exact item or just a generic picture/representation.
Contact them to confirm the bolt spacings if your in doubt.

Oracle
Yep that's the exact photo. I'll contact them. Thanks for your help.