N12Turbo.com lanyards are now available! Click here to visit the shop

Different engine, different sound?

General chat related to anything N12.
Kaine_ET

Different engine, different sound?

Post by Kaine_ET »

Hey fellas,
So my timing went up the s**t and the belt snapped. And since i had my et engine lying around i just decided to swap them over. First go with the new engine it was very smokey. I was thinking maybe the turbo so i swapped all the original parts from my first engine onto this one. Cleared up most of the smoke but every so often it will puff out with smoke for a few seconds then stop. Beats the hell out of me, but thats not my problem,

This engine makes a completely different sound to my original exa one (rip 422,000km )
It sounds like a growling griding noise when accalerating. (Excuse my spelling mistakes)
I dont understand it. Its always made this noise even in my et.
Im just wondering, is it normal for each engine to have its own noise (sounds stupid) or should i be worried that this one will blow up shortly? Its running at about 7 psi. Has about 177kms on this engine. Just its so noisey i dont understand. I dont know how else to describe it either.

Thanks guys
-Kaine
baz

Post by baz »

No, Each engine wont have its own "sound" ..Their all the same engine, just different things wrong with them :\
My old exa I created from granny spec to a neat little BRIGHT car: http://forum.n12turbo.com/viewtopic.php?t=3903

Current Car: 2004 Vz SS Ute
leayr

Post by leayr »

Put a video up
Kaine_ET

Post by Kaine_ET »

Yeah baz i thought that. I just find everyone of these cars unique. Il pop up a video soon when i get on a computer. Cheers guys
n12et_exa

Post by n12et_exa »

i have found that depending on mods and exhaust size the e15et motors can sound different i have a rebuilt e15et that sounds different to all my other e15s i have had and still have so i can understand what you mean about different sounding motors from the same family of motor
Kaine_ET

Post by Kaine_ET »

Thanks buddy, btw il be swinging some cash your way very soon for that mirror, just life changes have cost quite alot. There is no mods really between the 2 engines. Both had more boost, but thats about it. I still havnt had a chance to pop on the computer and post a video but will asap. This engine sounds like a tractor compaired to the other. Maybe need some exhaust gaskets. :D
n12et_exa

Post by n12et_exa »

yeah to easy mate its hear and waiting and i can assure you there not going anywhere in a hurry