N12Turbo.com lanyards are now available! Click here to visit the shop

wiring

General chat related to anything N12.
leayr

wiring

Post by leayr »

ok been awhile since i worked on one of these so i just put a new ring gear in and didnt pay attension to were the wiring came from so im not wanting a electrical problem when i get it going so were dose the black wire from the coil go and also the harness for the reverse light swith has 3 1 for reverse light switch 1 for temperature sender and weres the black plug go any help would be great
tassuperkart
Administrator
Administrator

Post by tassuperkart »

Pix M8. Your description makes no sense.

Oracle
Forcd4 wrote:Oh fuk no dude it's you a again, the oracle.
enthrall

Post by enthrall »

1. The thin black wire from the coil sounds like its the wire hanging off the condenser/power transistor at the top of your spark coil at the right hand side of the engine bay- that plugs into a connector at the side of the distributor from memory- mine fell out when i was fiddling around getting the transaxle out.

2. The reverse sensor plug hanging out of the back of the transaxle MUST be plugged in on mine for the engine to even start (mine may not be standard however) the plug is keyed and shoudlnt go into anything else- look up above the transaxle and find the corresponding female plug hanging out of the wiring harness directly above it- the wire from the transaxle is short, so there are few options to reach the correct spot.

If you have the factory manual, or can download extracts from somewhere (the exa one is easier to find and ok i think) , that would be the go.