N12Turbo.com lanyards are now available! Click here to visit the shop

Stripping

General chat related to anything N12.
AntsET

Stripping

Post by AntsET »

Hi all, strippped out interior and exterior of my n12 pulsar exept for the front and rear windows and the door interior panels. How do you get both windows out and how do you get the inside door handles off lol! HELP!!
Cheers ant :)
BELIEVE NOTHING OF WHAT YOU HEAR AND ONLY HALF OF WHAT YOU SEE!
rubixcube101

Post by rubixcube101 »

The interior trim on the doors should just pull off after unscrewing the arm rest ect. Trick for the window winders is rotate the winder upwards, use an old towel and shove it inbewtween the winder and the door and rotate winder back and forwards till it jams and pops off. Then for the front windows just wind it down and undo the screws on the window tabs. For the rear windows you have to unscrew the middle strut that supports both windows (3 screws i think, one is under the rubber at the top). Then proceed to working out the smaller window first. Hope this helps, have fun dude.

Reuben
AntsET

Post by AntsET »

Thanks Reuben! When I said front and rear windows I meant the front windscreen and rear windscreen, sorry mate I'll make myself alot clearer next time :) Thanks again for your help.

Cheers Ant
dexi_styles

Post by dexi_styles »

You till need a window guy to get out the front one.

I have exploded the window in my younger years by pushing, peeling and cutting the rubber.

Unless someone knows of another way.

The back window you should be able to peel the rubber out and push it out. I have heard of ppl using thin rope to help with running round the rubber and the frame of the car

Can anyone add correct procedures?

Dex
http://forum.n12turbo.com/viewtopic.php?t=446 Benny's Old Dog....
Bringing New life to the Young Dog...
http://forum.n12turbo.com/viewtopic.php?t=348
AntsET

Post by AntsET »

Ok I'm gunna have a crack at the back one, see how I go.

Cheers Ant
Andjeti

Post by Andjeti »

Front Windscreen: Will need one of these
or similar in order to cut the urethane that holds the windscreen in. Be careful even with the correct tools it is very easy to crack a windscreen.

Rear Windscreen: You need to "pop" the window out of the rubber. We used to do it with one person inside pushing outwards on the upper two corners with their feet (trying to keep feet as flat as possible so the pressure is a bit more spread out). Then a second person on the outside would lightly press against the windscreen in the same spot that the feet were pressing out, purely to attempt to reduce the flexing of the windscreen.

The thin rope that dexi mentioned was used to put "rubber seal" type windows back in, but that isn't to say there isn't another use for it that I am unaware of.

I hope this helps. As I mentioned be careful, even with correct tools and procedures it is easy to break a windscreen. If you are intending to replace the rubbers that hold the rear one in, I'd even think about using a Stanley blade to cut as much of the rubber away as you can before attempting to remove it.

Cheers
Jay
"Dog's go Woof Woof. Wog's go Doof Doof"
ET Turbo Decal Reproductions