N12Turbo.com lanyards are now available! Click here to visit the shop

TPS disassembly

General chat related to anything N12.
boosted

TPS disassembly

Post by boosted »

hey guys,
i found out, that i can get rid of this pesky hesitation i have on throttle off/on transistions, just by disconnecting the tps.
when measuring its resistance, the idle contact never gives a nice clear signal step as it should at the switching point, but changes from high to low resistance a few times.

i cant find my spare tps at the moment, so does anyone know how to disassemble the tps box?

cheers
martin
tassuperkart
Administrator
Administrator

Post by tassuperkart »

The plastic cover just prises off.
Inside are a set of points and Im guessing they have dust/oil/crud on them. Dont file them. They carry no current, just clean them. I usually just pass some thin cardboard thru things like that to rub off any crud and then thoroughly blow the points clean.

Oracle
Forcd4 wrote:Oh fuk no dude it's you a again, the oracle.
boosted

Post by boosted »

tassuperkart wrote:The plastic cover just prises off.
Inside are a set of points and Im guessing they have dust/oil/crud on them. Dont file them. They carry no current, just clean them. I usually just pass some thin cardboard thru things like that to rub off any crud and then thoroughly blow the points clean.

Oracle
thanks E!
boosted

Post by boosted »

tassuperkart wrote:The plastic cover just prises off.

Oracle
i'm afraid i have a different TPS as you described. it seems as the plastic cover is riveted to the metal plate:
i think i'll wait untill my spare TPS is found before i start drilling the rivets

cheers
martin
boosted

Post by boosted »

cleaned the contacts and got totally rid of this problem! :)

for future references, this is what the TPS looks like inside:

a cable tie is now holding the cover in place, works good enough
cheers