N12Turbo.com lanyards are now available! Click here to visit the shop

brake lines

General chat related to anything N12.
rubixcube101

brake lines

Post by rubixcube101 »

Hey guys, almost up to installing the brakes on my et, however two of the lines have been cut. I need to know what size the line is and most importantly what size the flare is. If anyone can help that'd be great. Also has anyone got any pics of how the brake lines run?

EDIT: also while i'm in the process of installing brakes, should i bother to rebuild calipers? anyone know what diy kits there are? (there seems to be a bit of corrosion in the cylinder but quite minimal).

Thanks,

Reuben.
tassuperkart
Administrator
Administrator

Post by tassuperkart »

Dont know to be honest but its a standard size "brakeline bundy" (hardlines) available anywhere.
Same goes for the flexible rubber lines.
Standard fitment to just about every car ever made.
If its hardlines that have been cut, just re-flare and add the missing sections with a union.
Rubber lines can be made at any brakle shop.

l8r
E
Forcd4 wrote:Oh fuk no dude it's you a again, the oracle.
rubixcube101

Post by rubixcube101 »

thanks tass. Yeah i the extra line with a compression fitting is the way to go. There would be no point in getting the lines remade, and after having a bit of a play i found the flex hose mounts onto that small plate and thus cannot compensate if there was to be a shortage in the brake line.

I would still really appreciate a part number for a caliper rebuild kit if anyone's got one. Cheers.