N12Turbo.com lanyards are now available! Click here to visit the shop

Mt-8 Ecu (ecu noob!)

General chat related to anything N12.
rubixcube101

Mt-8 Ecu (ecu noob!)

Post by rubixcube101 »

Hi guys, i found someone selling a microtech mt-8 ecu for the et not to expensive. I was just wondering is it worth it? After reading some of the forums i am lead to believe that microtech do not take these back to be remapped, and also i need a hand controller for it. I found someone with one of these to so all up it will be about $500

Are there any other disadvantages of the mt-8 i should be aware of? OR should i buy a new ecu?

On the other hand there is an EMS Stinger for sale previously used for a wrx. Can these be remapped for a base tune to suit any car without having to send them back to factory like the microtechs?

Help always appreciated :)! Thanks guys,

Reuben
tassuperkart
Administrator
Administrator

Post by tassuperkart »

OK, Your right, microtech do not support the MT series ECU's anymore as far as mods and upgrades.
They may repair them but using second hand parts if they have them.

It is crucial that the ECU comes off a CA18, an SR20, an FJ20 or an E15et.
There are only slight config differences between these engines.
If the ecu is off an RB or a VG, I cant say for certyain that you can configure it to work on the ET.
if its off anything other than a 4 cyl Nissan then leave it alone as you will have to unload another $130 just to have it configged...if at all they config it at all!
Microtech will re-configure them to suit different cars as this is done at firmware level but they charge an arm and a leg for this.

As far as loading a tune is concerned, they might just load a generic turbo 4 cylinder tune.
You may find this artical of use.
http://forum.n12turbo.com/viewtopic.php?t=2340
Search is a wonderful function eh?

Now, $500 is too much to pay for an old MT. Id hesitate to pay that for an LT ecu...even with a handset and a dressed loom. Add a reconfig (if its off something other than a 4 cyl Nissan) and your talking closer to $700.

i just bought another Adaptronic 420C with a cut loom and MAP sensor which incorporates, Adaptive full time closed loop VE or time based tuning (ignition and fuel) launch control, traction control, thru the gears closed loop boost control, anti-lag, Fly-by-wire throttle control. knock control, flat shifting.....shall I go on????? for $650 and I paid a premuim price.... you still want to unload $500 on an agricultural old ECU with just a single Aux output......................?

The EMS can be easily configured to suit any car and is a superior ECU in most ways but they do have a funky tuning technique and youll need to find a tuner who understands this.

Id pay no more than 300 for the Microtech and it better have a handpiece and at least a cut loom/plugs for that.

Oracle
Forcd4 wrote:Oh fuk no dude it's you a again, the oracle.
rubixcube101

Post by rubixcube101 »

Thanks for your help tass! :)

I guess i'll just wait it out then to find one at the right price, set my car up as stock for rego first. The Mt-8 sounds so outdated theres almost no point. i like the sound of that adaptronic ecu. Having all those features is fantastic for 650!! Was it easy to setup?

Cheers,

Reuben
rubixcube101

Post by rubixcube101 »

Oooo just found a second hand e420c for 700 bucks listed today in perth! ... i thought i might go pick it up, but then i called a local tuning store that tunes them, and they recommended getting a new 420d because the firmware is much better, plugs are better???

I think ill be doing a lot more research before i jump in!
tassuperkart
Administrator
Administrator

Post by tassuperkart »

700 is getting right up there for a 420c. The tuner is on the money as for another 400 bucks youll have the latest wizz banger.

Oracle
Forcd4 wrote:Oh fuk no dude it's you a again, the oracle.