N12Turbo.com lanyards are now available! Click here to visit the shop

n13 fuel tank onto n12 et

General chat related to anything N12.
rubixcube101

n13 fuel tank onto n12 et

Post by rubixcube101 »

Does anyone know if a petrol tank from an n13 will fit straight onto an n12? Only ask this because theres a guy parting out his n13 cheap. Or should i call up some wreckers and get one?

Cheers guys,
Reuben
Damo

Post by Damo »

I would hazzard a guess there would be no possible way that a fuel tank would be the same from model to model!

Damo
Do humanity a favor, use your brain and fight the forces of WOO WOO!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G1mrbxhWU5Y
rubixcube101

Post by rubixcube101 »

mmmm this is a bit of an issue then! i can't find an ET fuel tank anywhere?
samual

Post by samual »

I got one... its out of a Non Turbo model..

But I on the east coast!!!!!
rubixcube101

Post by rubixcube101 »

@samual if i can't find any though my only option may be to get it posted from the east coast. Can't find an exa one either... btw dude love you car, it looks amazing, im hoping to make mine a nice clean build like yours :)

@Damo do you know if the n12 exa ones mount straight up (not that i can find one at the moment)?
zoomzoom

Post by zoomzoom »

talk to ron at pulsar parts in Adelaide be cheaper than sending one from the east coast if he ain;t got one lying around he'll find one for you his No. is on here if not see if someone on here in Adelaide to go to U-pull it out at Elizabeth they had about 10 n12 out there last time I was there

zoomzoom
tits'n' wheels gotta love'em
rubixcube101

Post by rubixcube101 »

zoomzoom wrote:talk to ron at pulsar parts in Adelaide be cheaper than sending one from the east coast if he ain;t got one lying around he'll find one for you his No. is on here if not see if someone on here in Adelaide to go to U-pull it out at Elizabeth they had about 10 n12 out there last time I was there

zoomzoom
Thanks buddy, ill give him a ring tomorrow ;)
Sohcturbs

Post by Sohcturbs »

I thought Pulsar Parts had closed down some time ago..??
zoomzoom

Post by zoomzoom »

Sohcturbs wrote:I thought Pulsar Parts had closed down some time ago..??
it did as far as the yard Ron merge with another yard in parafield but he's still got his finger on the pulse as far as parts for pulsars go he found afew bits and pieces for me last xmas
but at the end of the day I thinking you probably get an alloy tank welded up around the same price as getting one sent to you
my two bob's worth
ps:the phone No. is still the same

zoomzoom
tits'n' wheels gotta love'em
rubixcube101

Post by rubixcube101 »

So i had a bit of a ring around... still got a few more wreckers in perth to try but i doubt they'l have one. Ron said that he doesn't have one at the moment but he'd have a look and told me to get back to him in about a week. Although Freight could be a bit of a bitch lol.

U-pull doesnt have any without a hole in it. idk guess its how they process the car or something when its taken in.

So looks like if ron can't find one i'll have to find a way to pinch Samual's; otherwise hope i get lucky in perth!!!!
tassuperkart
Administrator
Administrator

Post by tassuperkart »

Just use an NA tank and an Ebay surge tank with a lift pump and an external EFI pump.
By the time you dick around trying to find another tank, you might as well go this way.
The trouble with shipping fuel tanks is you have troubles with ensuring the tank is gasfree.

Oracle
Forcd4 wrote:Oh fuk no dude it's you a again, the oracle.
rubixcube101

Post by rubixcube101 »

tassuperkart wrote:Just use an NA tank and an Ebay surge tank with a lift pump and an external EFI pump.
By the time you dick around trying to find another tank, you might as well go this way.
The trouble with shipping fuel tanks is you have troubles with ensuring the tank is gasfree.

Oracle
Sorry tass by that do u mean one of a non turbo? I wouldn't mind that setup its just that i can't find a tank to fit an n12 chassis. If you have any other ideas please feel free to suggest!

Thanks guys!
rubixcube101

Post by rubixcube101 »

YAY! i managed to find one of an 85 astra! same chassis i believe except would be non turbo. So i believe i have to investigate into what tass was saying to set it up with an external EFI pump and surge tank with lift pump right?

Any recommended pumps?

Cheers Guys,

Reuben
SimoN10

Fuel tank

Post by SimoN10 »

What's wrong with your original tank? Wouldn't it be easier to repair that than stuff around with surge tanks?
rubixcube101

Re: Fuel tank

Post by rubixcube101 »

SimoN10 wrote:What's wrong with your original tank? Wouldn't it be easier to repair that than stuff around with surge tanks?
I dont have the original. The car had a gas setup planned by the original owner and hence sold the petrol tank. I don't really want to go with that because gas prices have gone up a shit ton, and you consume more gas so i decided to stick with petrol. And the only petrol tank i can find i an NA one, so that brings us here...

Also spots for injectors on the jap spec inlet manifold have been welded for gas setup. Going to need to give those a nice drill and tap.

@Tass can i use any low pressure fuel pump as a lifter?

little update.. the tank may have a hole in it... guess ill find out tomorrow, are they easily welded up? Good news though managed to find a second hand Bosch 044 for $120. Trying to find some CA injectors to go with the setup, managed to find a set of denso 550cc for 100 bucks but i think their a bit to big! so i might take a pass on those.