N12Turbo.com lanyards are now available! Click here to visit the shop

STAGE THREE CAM?????

General chat related to anything N12.
darky

STAGE THREE CAM?????

Post by darky »

:( Hi all, do any one have any info on cams. I have a 85 EXA turbo, all standard except for double valve springs and a stage three cam. Since putting the motor back together (all is in right) i have a break up problem and a turbo spool with not much pull - when the break up clears. Is this due to to short a injector pulse or somthing else. Can it be fixed without using a after market computer or is it a must for a stage three cam. Thanks to any one that can help cars been off the road for 2 weeks :( :(
angel

Post by angel »

i cant say much, but i had a stage 3 cam with double valve springs in mine with a standard computer and it ran fine, spool, pull etc.
I now run a microtech, which is the best thing i ever bought. My advice, if you can afford an aftermarket ecu buy one, you wont regret it, however a stage 3 cam should run fine witha standard computer

good luck mate,

angel
Mods: GT28R, Microtech lt10s, stg3 cam, double valve springs, vn intake to vl external pump, mapassi @ 50psi, 3inch dump to 2 1/2 system, vl throttle, NPC clutch, 160HP @ wheels on 12psi

"power to the peaceful" Michael Frantii
The Renegade
Administrator
Administrator

Post by The Renegade »

Could be a problem with the plugs on your std computer. They can get a little loose, and cause a kind of stutter on boost.
--------------------
Trust no-one but yourself.

The beast:
http://forum.n12turbo.com/viewtopic.php?t=3982
=====================
Mid North Coast Member. :twisted:
=====================
darky

cam

Post by darky »

how does the injector pulse cope with the valves staying open longer, doesn't that have an effect????
tassuperkart
Administrator
Administrator

Post by tassuperkart »

Ahhhhrrrm well yes it does and thats why you have an AIRFLOW METER to account for such things.

Id suggest you remove and replace ur ECU plugs a couple of times. Ill bet this stuttering and hesitation is around 3000rpm and at about 4000 and above on wide open throttle it goes away.

L8tr
E
Forcd4 wrote:Oh fuk no dude it's you a again, the oracle.