N12Turbo.com lanyards are now available! Click here to visit the shop

struggling with engine management plz help

General chat related to anything N12.
neoexa

struggling with engine management plz help

Post by neoexa »

hi guys. .... i need some helpwith wiring up my management system... i got a exa carby version and i now want to upgrade to fuel injection. its a total project car so i have no limitations on what i must do. however i dont want to spend too much money on the car coz i migth sell it to buy a exa with a better body as this 1 needs quite alot of body work.... here it goes im gonna use a perfect power xms 3 management that has sequential outputs (fuel & ign) i want it to be completly sequential as the fuel costs is quite high here in south africa and it keeps on climbing every month. so guys HOW DO I GET SEQUENTIAL IGN AND INJCN. my wiring diagram on the xms shows there is a CB1-(NEG),CB1+(POS) and CB2-,CB2+. CB1 being ignition signal CB2 being cam signal(for injction. Can i connect this to the non CAS dizzy and achieve full sequential or cant i and i might be able to get a CAS dizzy and how do i connect this for sequntial. WHAT MODIFICATIONS DO I HAVE TO MAKE AND WHICH WIRES DO I CONNECT TO WHERE...... THANKS IN ADVANCE
shanec86
Administrator
Administrator

Post by shanec86 »

im pretty sure you cannot get full sequential ign/fuel with the standard CAS disk as it does not have enough slots. I ran into this when setting up both my Microtech on the ET and the Wolf on the Skyline
neoexa

Post by neoexa »

so what are you only running batch fire and fueling onthose cars?
tassuperkart
Administrator
Administrator

Post by tassuperkart »

The stock ET turbo dissy will happily support full sequential.
NOT the carb version.

Just fit a 60-2 wheel to your front pulley and a Hall Effect sensor and configure your ecu to run it that way.

Oracle
Forcd4 wrote:Oh fuk no dude it's you a again, the oracle.
neoexa

Post by neoexa »

i know that you cant get that off the stock carb dizzy but however i do have a stock et dizzy.... which i know has a cas built into it.after many Q and A i discoveredthat you do get aftermarket systems that has the nissan optical sensor calibration settings built in the software and there is a actual setting for nissan dizzy or cam pickup (like on the ca18) but my aftermarket system cant work with an optical sensor and neither can it decode the standard crank angles off that dizzy ill have to either modify my disc or get me the 24+1 repacement disc. ill first try to modify my disc and if i dont succeed ill have to get the other disc.... thanks for the support guys