N12Turbo.com lanyards are now available! Click here to visit the shop

Points under car for Axle stand positioning. (basic i know)

General chat related to anything N12.
enthrall

Points under car for Axle stand positioning. (basic i know)

Post by enthrall »

Hi All;

Just bought myself some axle stands for raising the car- however, the stands arent really the right shape for putting them under the side rail lift points near the front wheels under the drivers door hinge. Looks like they would just bend the lift points to me as there is no little slot in them like the scissor jack has on it.

Looked in the full factory manual that arrived last night, and the diagram for where to position the axle stands isn't all that clear.. it's about the size of a 20 cent piece and i'm uncertain what part of the car the stands should sit under. (unless there is another page somewhere with a better diagram)

I *think* it could be the front sway bar as it loops round the undercarriage, but i'm not sure. Not keen on bending anything out of shape by makign a dumb mistake when i could just ask. :D

I'll upload a pic of the undercarriage when i get under there during daylight hours- hopefully someone can save it, use paint and draw circles round the correct points for me and repost it , just to make it absolutely clear :)

Cheers!~
tassuperkart
Administrator
Administrator

Post by tassuperkart »

I usually place the stands underneath the back of the front suspension arms where they pivot. Nice round area there for the stands to locate onto.

On the rears i place the stands across the chassis rails at the back that ruin fore and aft just inside of where the rear trailing arms pivot from.
They are very short and tough sections and dont distort.

Oracle
Forcd4 wrote:Oh fuk no dude it's you a again, the oracle.