N12Turbo.com lanyards are now available! Click here to visit the shop

Help with Head Gasket, Radiator, and timing..??

General chat related to anything N12.
BlackTalon_88

Help with Head Gasket, Radiator, and timing..??

Post by BlackTalon_88 »

deleted by user
Last edited by BlackTalon_88 on Sun Mar 17, 2013 3:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Too much is never enough..
BlackTalon_88

UPDATE:

Post by BlackTalon_88 »

Found a good factory triple core radiator at the wreckers with thermo fan included for $90 :)
zoomzoom

Post by zoomzoom »

I would be having the head machined and having a good look at the block while the head is off with a straight edge new head gasket stock one will be fine and new head studs to about $90 from Nissan
do it your self if you can get hold of a torque wrench [cheapest way]its not rocket science by any mean I can give you the torque setting out of the book if you do it yourself
have fun

zoomzoom
tits'n' wheels gotta love'em
tassuperkart
Administrator
Administrator

Post by tassuperkart »

errrmm well your mechanics is going well... factor timing is 17 degrees BTDC.
You might like to suggest that they do some research before running off at the mouth.
The ally radiaor would take...what 3 minutes to repair???
Sorry M8, they are not honest. Go somewhere else.

L8r
Oracle
Forcd4 wrote:Oh fuk no dude it's you a again, the oracle.
BlackTalon_88

Post by BlackTalon_88 »

Lol nice to know they changed my timing without looking it up :/ Also.. What's btdc? Obviously something top dead centre?? Sorry. I'm new lol.

And yeah zoomzoom that would be great thanks :)
tassuperkart
Administrator
Administrator

Post by tassuperkart »

Before Top Dead Center
I imagine it would feel like its pulling a tree with 15 degrees of timing pulled out!!!
Check for plug leads out of order.
Did they change a cam belt or something else??

Oracle
Forcd4 wrote:Oh fuk no dude it's you a again, the oracle.
BlackTalon_88

Post by BlackTalon_88 »

Na just the main one that runs the alt and that. They set it to the na timing. Been quite a few issues with them lately. It's a shame cause the guy is a mate and he's an awesome mechanic but the Ppl he emPloys suck lol. Good Pickup tho thanks E. :) so standard is 15 +/- 2.. It was on 18. Is there an optimum position?
BlackTalon_88

Post by BlackTalon_88 »

Hey I talked to the guy that done it and they done it to 2 degrees ATDC. not BTDC. what difference would this make?

EDIT:
I done some more research and took it for a spin and it still runs ok but it crackles out the exhaust a lot and feels like I turned the boost down to 2psi.. Will be taking E's advice and Put it back to 17BTDC
Damo

Post by Damo »

BlackTalon_88 wrote:Hey I talked to the guy that done it and they done it to 2 degrees ATDC. not BTDC. what difference would this make?

EDIT:
I done some more research and took it for a spin and it still runs ok but it crackles out the exhaust a lot and feels like I turned the boost down to 5 psi.. Will be taking E's advice and Put it back to 17BTDC
Clearly your "mate' has no idea what he is doing with the tune up he is attempting on you car. I wonder how long he tried to find the vacuum advance on the dizzy before he gave up!!!!!!! :roll: It has to make you wonder what else he is not aware of with the E15T over the E15. As has been suggested, either learn up quick on the car yourself, or take it to someone who knows they don't know everything.

He set your timing to 2degATDC (After Top Dead Center) which is where the NA E15 is set at, and told you as much when you questioned him on the possibility he got it wrong. Obviously he didn't bother to drive the car after he 'fixed' it for you, and went on to point out all the defects with you car to cover his tracks after he fucked your timing causing it to run like shit, nice mate!

Damo
Do humanity a favor, use your brain and fight the forces of WOO WOO!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G1mrbxhWU5Y
BlackTalon_88

Post by BlackTalon_88 »

your definitely right there Damo. I was pissed to say the least..

In their defense however, they set it to 2d ATDC because thats what it says under the bonnet.. i even checked myself when he told me that :/

No idea why it says that under there tho..

And yeah theres a mech down here that used to specialize in Nissan only.. I dont go there because hes an asshole but he does know his stuff lol
josh strong

Post by josh strong »

N/A bonnet maybe that would be why it says 2 atdc .......?.. if you get sick of it man and you wanna part it or sell it pm me ;) also I have a fair few engine parts in tas if ever need anything hit me up ...... best of luck with it dude
ET! ,T25G ,BRAIDED LINES, FRONT MOUNT ,EXTERNAL GATE, EGI INTAKE, FPR, VL TB, VLT FUEL PUMP, CA18DET INJECTORS, 16 PSI!
BlackTalon_88

Post by BlackTalon_88 »

Yeah that's what I'm thinking.. It has like a wrx style scoop too so wouldn't know lol
josh strong

Post by josh strong »

Wat color is it mate is it green or the Orange one in your pics ?
ET! ,T25G ,BRAIDED LINES, FRONT MOUNT ,EXTERNAL GATE, EGI INTAKE, FPR, VL TB, VLT FUEL PUMP, CA18DET INJECTORS, 16 PSI!
BlackTalon_88

Post by BlackTalon_88 »

Orange one.. It's in the rides section too
josh strong

Post by josh strong »

Ah yea so I see lol looks good mate if you are getting rid of that radiator mate for a standard one ? Won't to sell it as ill fix it and might give me a little more room ;) txt me on 0459534451 if you would like to sell it