N12Turbo.com lanyards are now available! Click here to visit the shop

Help with Head Gasket, Radiator, and timing..??

General chat related to anything N12.
BlackTalon_88

Post by BlackTalon_88 »

It's fatter than standard one.. But I will if I decide to
Too much is never enough..
josh strong

Post by josh strong »

Alright mate to easy cheers
ET! ,T25G ,BRAIDED LINES, FRONT MOUNT ,EXTERNAL GATE, EGI INTAKE, FPR, VL TB, VLT FUEL PUMP, CA18DET INJECTORS, 16 PSI!
BlackTalon_88

Post by BlackTalon_88 »

Took it back today and had it set to 17 BTDC. runs like clockwork :-) I should really buy a timing gun I suppose for when I do the HG..
Damo

Post by Damo »

BlackTalon_88 wrote:Took it back today and had it set to 17 BTDC. runs like clockwork :-) I should really buy a timing gun I suppose for when I do the HG..
Did he set it properly? There IS a procedure to do it. The engine must be at operating temp, the throttle switch MUST be closed and it should be idling at around 800rpm.
If the idle switch is not right, it will cost you 5 deg of timing everywhere except idle.

Damo
Do humanity a favor, use your brain and fight the forces of WOO WOO!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G1mrbxhWU5Y
BlackTalon_88

Post by BlackTalon_88 »

Honestly I couldn't say.. Was yet another different guy this time.. I know he checked it under revs and at idle..(oP temp) but I was inside so I'm not sure. I'm gonna buy a gun on Thursday so I'll look it up and check it myself. Can't trust them lol. I'll also get a mate in burnie to check it. He's the best mechanic I know and he's fussy. He'll show me :-) its running like it was before all this now tho so I imagine it's damn close at least.. Any advice on a timing gun?