N12Turbo.com lanyards are now available! Click here to visit the shop

new ecu wiring questions

General chat related to anything N12.
Super Low ET

new ecu wiring questions

Post by Super Low ET »

Ok brought an ecu for the pulsar to get it running properly, it came with a loom pre made. I got most of it sorted (i think).

Now before i take the plunge an start wiring it into the car i was hoping someone could check the wiring an see if all is good or its a complete mess.

1st pic is all the sensor wires at the top, injector wires in the middle, an new sensor at the bottom

2nd pic is red power wire, fuel pump relay, ecu connector

3rd pic is ignition coil ground and CAS ( + 2 unknown wires, black and green and yellow wire)

4th pic is my earths + unknown little plug that was never connected originally

From what i can work out this loom is ment to patched to the original loom in the car.
Timmzy

Post by Timmzy »

Hi,

I always had issues with patching into the original loom, and the large majority of people on this forum have done just that with success.

I used the aftermarket loom to entirely replace the original engine loom - once it was split from the rest of the vehicle stuff like washers, etfc. Then I used new red wire, fuse boxes etc to supply power and finish the job off.

YOu have gone like 80%, it won't cost much more to completely replace.

Darren.
Race it.
Super Low ET

Post by Super Low ET »

Witch plug has all the accessories in it? I'm guessing the one that plugs in under the dash.
Callumgw

Post by Callumgw »

not quite that simple,
There is sort of two looms, one coming from drivers side and one coming from passengers side. The passenger side one is MAINLY the ECU and the one from the drivers side is MAINLY accessories.

There is some overlap that means you need to break the loom open and pick out the right wires. Not too hard with the wiring diagram in hand.

C
Super Low ET

Post by Super Low ET »

Ok. So with the engine loom I have now will I be able to get the car running so I can drive the car. I will do a whole new loom eventually but at the moment I want to just move the car to a more secure location.
Callumgw

Post by Callumgw »

Thats hard to answer with the facts I see presented. My suggestion is put it on a trailer - quicker and cheaper.
Super Low ET

Post by Super Low ET »

Fair enough,, Was hoping to have the car going sooner. Its killing me looking at it just sitting there.
Super Low ET

Post by Super Low ET »

I have listened to every ones advice an decided to finish making the loom instead of trying to patch it, i managed to find some decent wire diagrams witch have helped heaps.

I have so far picked out the injector wires an labeled them so i know were they go an how they hook up but im still not to sure about the accessories. i think there is wire diagram that im missing,