N12Turbo.com lanyards are now available! Click here to visit the shop

building a turbo exa NEED EXPERIENCED INFO PLZ

General chat related to anything N12.
neoexa

building a turbo exa NEED EXPERIENCED INFO PLZ

Post by neoexa »

HI peeps im fairly new to this site although i know about this site for about 6 to8 years this is my first time posting anything on this site. first things first i just wanna you guys a big-up on your very quick ET's on here. its extremely difficult for us to get our ET's that fast here in south africa due to everything being so expensive and the lack of popularity of this particular car dont get me wrong ther are lots of these cars over here but due to the lack of knowledge of fuel injection at the time that the car came out many people wer affraid of buying these cars coz they wer affraid of electrical problems.Now there are literally only a handfull of exa turbos or langley sss turbos out here coz as soon as these cars gave a minor electrical problem the turbo plus complete turbo setup was removed and chucked away. i recently swoped my motorbike for an exa (automatic) the car has quite a lot of work on it (lotsa rust work). my initial idea was to drop a sr20de in it. i have a spare sr20de due to my neovvl conversion on my sabre 200GXi i think its called a SSS 200 in australia. Anyway i then changed my mind on tne conversion coz a sr fwd transmission costs an arm and a leg and also not easily found. i then decided to convert my e15e carby to a turbocharged e15. i am sitting with a few questions i am very mechanically inclined so i wont have a problem with any explainations and info. so if there are any guys or gals that can give me some advice and info ill highly appreciate it. now to my questions..... i obviously have a e15e carby engine. i would like to convert this block (non turbo) to a turbo ready block. will this work as this bottom doesnt have the oil cooler on it and also dont have the turbo oil feed and oil return lines but i did notice that the jdm red top doesnt have the oil cooler on it so im sure the cooler wont be a problem i can just run an external cooler if needed my concern is , is the ET block different to the normal E block is it made frm a different material (STRENGHT) also is the oil channels the same. which crank setup is better E16 or normal turbo E15ET in other words will it make a huge difference and how many fast ET's is running standard crank also is the ET crank different to the E15 carby. i know the E16 gives you a longer stroke and more volume due to its volume draw but the longer the stroke the longer revolution and im more for quicker revs. antoher question wher do i drill the oil feed and oil return lines also whats the best profile cam to have my cam regrounded to (keep in mind i wanna make this car as quick as possible but in stages). im hoping ill get some replies from you peeps. THANKS IN ADVANCE
Callumgw

Post by Callumgw »

There is a couple of guys on here from South Africa, one has a Mazda Turbo engine in his. Might be worth hooking up with them. Should be able to find them froma search of the "memberlist"
Good luck!

C
neoexa

Post by neoexa »

Thnks for the reply.... ill have a look but i doubt tht guy would have any info as he immediately chuked his engine and fitted a egi engine. i still wanna keep my car an e15. Im kinda just lookin for answers on those questions and the proper info will only come frm australia or nz.ther are a few guys in south africa that knows ther thing but none of them has experimented with different configurations as the guys in australia and nz have. Your quarter mile times are insane for a 1500 . when i speak to guys here in SA about these cars then they laugh at me.lol they also say tht its impossible to get power out of this little engine. Thts why id rather prefer my info comes from people tht has experience with these engines.
Kimmo

Post by Kimmo »

Hey, pro tip - use the enter button to make lots of paragraphs to break shit up. Otherwise it just reads all breathless, bang, bang, bang, bang kinda thing. That way, more peeps will at least answer one or two of your questions rather than being overwhelmed...

Good luck with your mission - you do know what's involved in converting to EFI, right?

Do you intend to use an aftermarket computer?
neoexa

Post by neoexa »

Shot! thanks for the advice. yes im doing efi i know everything about efi systems. ill be goin aftermarket its just better tht way....