N12Turbo.com lanyards are now available! Click here to visit the shop

Idle for 20 seconds then die?

General chat related to anything N12.
ManaMushroom

Idle for 20 seconds then die?

Post by ManaMushroom »

Hi guys,

Got my ET running the best I've seen it since I bought the thing, but as the title suggests i've hit another issue;

I turn it over and it starts fine, idles great. after about 10 seconds the revs start to creep up slowly, hangs round 2k then dies.

I've read someone else having this happen to them when doing afm relocation (the afm's been relocated by previous owner - no idle sensors), just wondering if you guys know what it was that caused it.

Cheers,
Callum
etking

Post by etking »

the AFM is the right way around yes? Try adjusting the idle screw on the Throttle body
Members Ride: http://forum.n12turbo.com/viewtopic.php?t=6786
85 ET, M/tech LT10X, T28, FMIC 2.5" Stainless Piping, 3" Intake, Dump n Zorst, JDM Inlet, CA18DET Injectors, Bosch 040, Bodykit, 17s
tassuperkart
Administrator
Administrator

Post by tassuperkart »

Or it might have an epic air leak somewhere.
Oracle
Forcd4 wrote:Oh fuk no dude it's you a again, the oracle.
Damo

Post by Damo »

The ECU does have a post start enrichment strategy, it adds fuel for around 10sec post start, then tapers it away to nothing which explains the dieing after a similar period of time. It may well be a matter of teaking a few imputs to allow for the fact there is no idle control gear hooked up. By the sounds of it, it needs more fuel. Probably try screwing in the AFM bypass screw to start with.

Damo
Do humanity a favor, use your brain and fight the forces of WOO WOO!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G1mrbxhWU5Y