N12Turbo.com lanyards are now available! Click here to visit the shop

another issue

General chat related to anything N12.
poeticjustice88

Post by poeticjustice88 »

thats what i am thinking tass. the last thing i need is to send the Mtech away, knowing that there is something wrong with it which is not the wiring, and have them say its perfectly fine and me be without a car for a week for no gain.

Michael
Damo

Post by Damo »

tassuperkart wrote:Nah Damo, 2 groups of 2. Not all in series.
Your asking the outputs to do a big job driving into 1.2 ohms and dissapating a lot of heat.

The relay control being blown is a common ocurrence that glaring evidence that the vast majority of dudes who install these things DO NOT follow simple wiring diagrammes.
They usually get quite a fright when they get a quote to repoair the relay driver hence almost always wire the fuel pump relay always on which is dangerous and IIRC illegal.

Im with you on this but im willing to bet Microetech will just say it was working fine when it left the shop and the installer must have connected it incorrectly.

Mah!

Oracle
Yep, I know what you are after with the 2 groups of 2, but doing it that way there is going to be a drop of voltage across the injectors to 6v which will cause problems. If Michael's original loom had been done that way, I wouldn't have suggested going for parallel as I also know it puts motza current through the drivers with low impedance injectors.
Michael said he spoke with the mtech bloke and he ok'd the wiring of the injectors as is, after I had suggested he find out what the mtech is capable of controlling current wise.

It may pay in the interim not to push the engine to use moderate D/C until the ECU is sorted.

Is there a setting in the ECU which would cause 'it' to skip the 2nd and 3rd injector event? Something like triggering offset? Something which twigged that thought was, I think the ignition leads are out of 'rotation' whack. Either rotated one post forward or back. I can't quite remember which post is #1 factory, and I didn't pull the dizzy cap at the time. And there is the 3600rpm test sequence.

Damo
Do humanity a favor, use your brain and fight the forces of WOO WOO!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G1mrbxhWU5Y
tassuperkart
Administrator
Administrator

Post by tassuperkart »

I dont think that in peak/hold config the voltage drop matters as they are onlt interested in the amperage the output is asked to switch given the stock setup places 2 known resistances in parrallel anyway. So whats the difference really?

It depends mostly on whether the MT pulls the injectors down in saturation or peak and hold mode.
Adaptronic actually reccommend wiring the injectors in series pairs where current is limited to 1.9 amps but parrallel wiring is ok so long as the output current is limted off to 0.9 amps.

OP and injector coil overheating is the result.

I still think you would be very wise to install standard dropping resistors in series with the injectors to bring op current to manageable and realistic levels on eack channel.

I dont know of any configurable setting which would cause the ecu to skip cylinders tho.

E

Oracle
Forcd4 wrote:Oh fuk no dude it's you a again, the oracle.