N12Turbo.com lanyards are now available! Click here to visit the shop

what is what PICS UP NOW

General chat related to anything N12.
poeticjustice88

what is what PICS UP NOW

Post by poeticjustice88 »

ok first off i just want to thankk everyone for taking the time and answering the couple of posts i have put up in the past couple of days.
i really appreciate

i am working on getting my ET on the road, only need rear springs and to bleed the brakes and i have my RWC so i am just tinkering and fiddling with little bits and pieces while i can

upon my travels over the inlet manifold (jap spec i think can someone confirm?) i found that i have two plug connectors that are not plugged in and having nothing to go to. the car has a microtech MT8 in it so its not the standard loom and good chance it has been cut.

i also found a wire leading down to my alternator but i can not find where it goes to on the alternator?

if someone could please help me shed some light on these things it would truly be a great help

i am still working on it at the moment just jumped on the computer to have a break from the heat. but i will get back out there and toke a couple of photos of the things that are bothering me and post them up in the next hour or so

thank you in advance guys, you have all been a great help
Last edited by poeticjustice88 on Wed Feb 01, 2012 7:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
poeticjustice88

sensors

does this go to the cold idle thingy ? i dont think i have it

is this where the cold idle goes?

vacuum hose T-pieced from fuel regulator

yellow/black stripe wire hanging near the alternator

these two plugs connected to the back of the throttle body. there are no leads or plugs anywhere near them so i cant see any other connections. who knows what these are?

now just for fun, been told this is a T28 BB turbo, is that right ?

dexi_styles

Post by dexi_styles »

Pic one. I think it the temp sensor ( correct me of I'm wrong anyone)

Pic two. I think it's the cold start section. I got a jap spec n mines like yours. I got a Microtech so I don't need it

Pic three. Maybe was for a BOV? The prob disconnected it n just did that to close the join

Pic four. Oil sensor. It's on the bottom back of the motor beside the alt.

Pic five is the tps or throttle position switch. Two different connections for other applications. One should be connected to the Microtech, should be!

Pic six. Reminds me of my T25g not quite the T28 but it's bigger in both housings then the T25 but that's only from what I remember from my old turbo. Might have to come over for a peep one day.

And yes it is a jap spec intake.

Good luck.
Dex
http://forum.n12turbo.com/viewtopic.php?t=446 Benny's Old Dog....
Bringing New life to the Young Dog...
http://forum.n12turbo.com/viewtopic.php?t=348
Damo

Post by Damo »

dexi_styles wrote:Pic one. I think it the temp sensor ( correct me of I'm wrong anyone)

The pins remind me of the idle bypass compensator which is just like an injector plug in the E15 loom.

Pic two. I think it's the cold start section. I got a jap spec n mines like yours. I got a Microtech so I don't need it

Pic three. Maybe was for a BOV? The prob disconnected it n just did that to close the join

I would hazard a guess at a boost gauge line.

Pic four. Oil sensor. It's on the bottom back of the motor beside the alt.

Pic five is the tps or throttle position switch. Two different connections for other applications. One should be connected to the Microtech, should be!

Pic six. Reminds me of my T25g not quite the T28 but it's bigger in both housings then the T25 but that's only from what I remember from my old turbo. Might have to come over for a peep one day.

And yes it is a jap spec intake.

Good luck.
Dex
Do humanity a favor, use your brain and fight the forces of WOO WOO!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G1mrbxhWU5Y
poeticjustice88

whats what

just to make it a little simpler.

the plugs on pic one are the right length to go where pic 2 is, to the cold idle i think it is. its the perfect length

pic 3 im not sure if it is vacuum or boost. its no where near my BOV its on the left side of the engine bay, my wrist is on the brake booster. it runs to the fuel pressure regulator. didnt get a chance to see where it comes from though

and pic 5 of the two sensors. if they are both TPS, is there any reason why they would be unplugged ? does microtech computer compnsate for it so i dont need them ?
dexi_styles

Re: whats what

Post by dexi_styles »

poeticjustice88 wrote:just to make it a little simpler.

the plugs on pic one are the right length to go where pic 2 is, to the cold idle i think it is. its the perfect length

pic 3 im not sure if it is vacuum or boost. its no where near my BOV its on the left side of the engine bay, my wrist is on the brake booster. it runs to the fuel pressure regulator. didnt get a chance to see where it comes from though

and pic 5 of the two sensors. if they are both TPS, is there any reason why they would be unplugged ? does microtech computer compnsate for it so i dont need them ?
Mine runs with the tps. Not sure bout the ins and outs of the Microtech.

The vacuum / boost line. Is it connected to the back of the inlet? If so it's a boost

Thanks Damo I didn't think it was long enough to reach that side.

Dex
http://forum.n12turbo.com/viewtopic.php?t=446 Benny's Old Dog....
Bringing New life to the Young Dog...
http://forum.n12turbo.com/viewtopic.php?t=348
poeticjustice88

whats what

one thing i am confused about. is the deal with an oil catch can.

i have one that is vented at the moment, and i need to change that so i can get rwc.

as far as i can tell, you want the excess fumes and what not to get pushed into the front of the turbo yes? between filter and turbo. but wont that put somewhat damaging oil into your turbo, intercooler, piping, throttle body and plenum ?
tassuperkart
Administrator
Administrator

Post by tassuperkart »

Yes, Its what you must do.
No, it wont hurt anything. Ev ery car ever made with a PCV system works the same.
L8r
E
Forcd4 wrote:Oh fuk no dude it's you a again, the oracle.
nissancherryn12

Post by nissancherryn12 »

Looking to the first picture i suppose it's your oil-pressure sensor switch?

And the black-yellow wiring should be the wiring for your temperature sensor on the cars gauge/in the dashboard?

Just my thoughts
Nissan Cherry N12 1.3 and 1.5
Nissan X-TRAIL 2.5 Columbia Style