N12Turbo.com lanyards are now available! Click here to visit the shop

e15et timing

General chat related to anything N12.
poeticjustice88

e15et timing

Post by poeticjustice88 »

hey all, just wondering if anyone could shed some light on this for me

n12 e15et with MT8 computer, A/R 80 garret turbo T25 i believe, front mount exhaust and BIG external fuel pump.

my dizzy has been adjusted and is all the way to the front.

to describe without photos, put your right hand on the dizzy with the bolt loosened, and turn right.

i believe this is advanced, im not sure as i have no timing light. but was wondering if all the way one way or the other was normal ???

thanks in advance
JETETT

Post by JETETT »

if its all the way then yeah it advanced all the way, it should be set at 15 deg BTC at idle with no load
poeticjustice88

timing

ok awesome man thanks, now that i know something is out of whack with it, ill get my hands on a timing light, thanks again.
tassuperkart
Administrator
Administrator

Post by tassuperkart »

JETETT wrote:if its all the way then yeah it advanced all the way, it should be set at 15 deg BTC at idle with no load
Ahhh.. nope. Box stock yes, Aftermarket... nope!

To set the base (static) timing with a Microtech, you have to look up the IDLE and T deg.MAP ignition tables with a tuning handset and see exactly what the timing is specified in there.
Next, youll need to lock the timing at 10 degrees in then CONFIG. (s3) screen which is usually the default (STATIC in s1 screen) and adjust the dizzy to read 10 degrees on the pulley.
Next, unlock the timing with the handpiece and verify with a timing light that the timing you have specified in the ignition tables agrees with what is showing on the pulley with the timing light.

IF the figurres agree with each other then you need to specify more CAS offset which will bring the dizzy back into the middle of its adjustment.

UNless you have a handpiece, AND know what your timing maps are set at, then be very wary of making ANY timing adjustments.

L8r
E
Forcd4 wrote:Oh fuk no dude it's you a again, the oracle.
poeticjustice88

timing

WOOT tass replied, i knew you would come at me with the goods.

thanks heaps man, u really know your stuff.

now to really annoy you, i dont have the hand controller for the mt8 computer, is it possible to adjust the timing at all without going through the computer, or would i HAVE to go to a tuner and have them do it?

only reason i ask is because its not running as smoothly as i would like at the moment, and i have a strong suspicion it is because of the timing.

so all in all, is it safe to retard the timing a little bit without touching any of the computer, or do i stay away like church on sunday until i can get it to someone with the computer to do it ?
2fast2stop

Post by 2fast2stop »

I got a 2line hand controller. if you want it ill do it for 50 delivered
Damo

Post by Damo »

Hey PJ, I've just moved up this way and should have all my tools up by the weekend, I have a timing light amongst other things.

Damo
Do humanity a favor, use your brain and fight the forces of WOO WOO!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G1mrbxhWU5Y
tassuperkart
Administrator
Administrator

Post by tassuperkart »

2fast2stop wrote:I got a 2line hand controller. if you want it ill do it for 50 delivered
Not too bad a deal.

no dramas checking the timing but unless you know exactly what your maps are then you can only guess at it all.

L8r
E
Forcd4 wrote:Oh fuk no dude it's you a again, the oracle.