N12Turbo.com lanyards are now available! Click here to visit the shop

Car giving me the shits..

General chat related to anything N12.
SLOW_ET

Car giving me the shits..

Post by SLOW_ET »

Today I decided to change the boost controller, so I done that and while I was doing that my mate decided to spray the ecu with contact cleaner. The car started running like crap so I swapped over the boost controller. Drove the car around the corner and it's doing the same thing.

Your asking me what the car is doing? Well its strugglers to hit boost and the car won't rev out or past 3500 even in neutral. Iv checked the boost controller, sitting the right way, the ecu? Well I changed it with my mate and I bought an afm, installed it in and nothing.. Still the same.
wraith

Post by wraith »

Why did you swap out the boost controller? Double check your intake pipes are all still done up properly. If you bumped up the boost could of been to much pressure for a hose clamp or something simple.
SLOW_ET

Post by SLOW_ET »

I changed the boost controller coz it was spiking, every gear it would reach different psi.. But I checked all that and it all seems fine, me and my mate checked it all.
mav

Post by mav »

check all air hose fuel lines and the hose that goes from the brake booster to the inlet manifold
tassuperkart
Administrator
Administrator

Post by tassuperkart »

Guarantee you its the ECU connections.
The ecu was fiddled with and now its crap. pretty obvious really.

L8r
E
Forcd4 wrote:Oh fuk no dude it's you a again, the oracle.
JETETT

Post by JETETT »

Hit the ecu pins and ecu plugs with a bit of compressed air to clean the contact spray off and see how it goes