N12Turbo.com lanyards are now available! Click here to visit the shop

Exhaust manifold

General chat related to anything N12.
evski88

Exhaust manifold

Post by evski88 »

Can sum1 please tell me why i keep blowing my exhast manifold gasket, and before you all say i gave it to much i had my kids and my partner in the car so the boost was on 7pound lol.
Its been perfect since the rebuild about 2years, now in three days its done two gaskets same place the end cylinder near the dizzy. It blows a big piece out of the top right quater? I tensioned all bolts to spec cold and hot. I was thinkin maybe my manifold is warped or head I dunno any ideas guys its F'n me off.

cheers
Evski

Post by photoglossy »

You answered your own question. It'll be warped.

try a new manifold (cheap as to buy off here). Stick it on along with some CRC Maniseal
congers87@hotmail.com

Post by congers87@hotmail.com »

If it's not straight but overall in good nick you can get it faced for under a $100. May save you if you buy a fucked secondhand number and end up with same problem.
Mortein kills 99% of household bugs. Chuck Norris kills 100% of whatever the fuck he likes.
evski88

Post by evski88 »

I thought thats what happend, I got another manifold from my old engine looks ok but there is a problem i had a look and my manifold is welded to my turbo. should i grind it back or just change the turbo housing.

Cheers
Evski
Administrator
Administrator

Post by tassuperkart »

The "turbo is welded to the exhaust manifold"... What fucking RETARD would weld a frikken turbocharger housing to a manifold......... chroisssst!

OK, you manifold, as mentione above is just warped.
take it off and have an engine shop flatten it for you.
While your at it, have a look inside where the turbo bolts on and if the divider in the flange is melted and warped, have them grind that out.

Problem solved.

l8r
E
Forcd4 wrote:Oh fuk no dude it's you a again, the oracle.