N12Turbo.com lanyards are now available! Click here to visit the shop

Sway Bar

General chat related to anything N12.
wraith

Sway Bar

Post by wraith »

As per topic title chasing ideas on where to get new sway bar bushes for this N12 pulsar or even a full aftermarket one. Whiteline don't have any and neither do . Any help will be much appreciated.
Damo

Post by Damo »

Very timely question to ask!

I have just been doing a little tinkering and a spot of research on swaybar bushes myself. I have just replaced the bushes on my setup Friday night just gone with a set I have made out of.
.wait for it.
cut down inline roller blade wheel! I was going to take pics and all, but didn't get around to it (as per normal).

I figured that nolathane bushes were going to cost a motsa so what could it hurt.

The original bushes were a bit on the soft side, and with the modded bar I have on the front, it had enough movement on the bushes for the bar to contact the body making those bloody annoying bumps and clunks. I was able to cut out 6 25mm cylinders of which I split two to make 4 for each side (needed to be done anyway as the stock bolts weren't long enough).

After a little research, I found that Nolathane is just a brand name for polyurethane, and that inline blade wheels/skate board wheels are made from it. Its hardness is measured on the shore durometre scale rangeing from 70 to 101 on the A scale.
The hardness of nolathane used for bushes is between 74-86. So I was on a winner. Until I found out you can buy the proper bushes from a supplier or off Ebay for $29ish.
Mind you, I can now say I have a 'Fully custom' set of pink sway bar bushes.

BTW, I also made a set of the 'D' section rubbers which mount the bar to the body from a piece of hard rubber I had lying around.

The result is 95% less banging and sharper steering, and from the quick fang, the back end wants to slide a little.

Damo
Do humanity a favor, use your brain and fight the forces of WOO WOO!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G1mrbxhWU5Y
sashN12

ss

Post by sashN12 »

dont use nolothane. use super pro. nolothane do not last long as they are polyurethane, but super pro use urethane. 99% of track cars i know all use super pro over nolothane. hope this helps :)
wraith

Post by wraith »

Thanks all. My local repco seem to think they have every bush I need so fingers crossed their right. What a pain. Every rear bush is literally gone so it has been fun trying to find replacements. What was the ebay suppliers link?