N12Turbo.com lanyards are now available! Click here to visit the shop

rear brake calipers

General chat related to anything N12.
zoomzoom

rear brake calipers

Post by zoomzoom »

rear left brake is sticking when its sat for afew days been told it the hand brake,can have it rebuilt for $285 F*CK that i say.
so my queston is, is there any other car with the same rear caliper as the et that is a straight bolt on ?if so I can no doubt find one at u pull-it for $22
cheers

zoomzoom
tits'n' wheels gotta love'em
nz_n12turbo

Post by nz_n12turbo »

check your cable if its the hand break the piston arrangment in the caliper dont give problems like yours normally, if it was the caliper i would expect it to give issues all the time as the pistons can seize in the bore and dont normaly fix them self. as for rebuilding just do it your self the is very little to break calipers even ones with intergrated hand break you only need some simple tools and abit of time and then some rubber grease and a new seal and boot
Timmzy

Post by Timmzy »

I've never rebuilt the rears before - but i've done the fronts twice and they are really easy. You used to be able to purchase the seal kits from repco, etc, but as I've found out lately -- bits are starting to get hard to get.

If you are going to the trouble of pulling something else of another car, just pull your's off, give them a clean and the put one of those seal kits in.

Job done, and you know its right because you did it!

Darren.
Race it.
zoomzoom

Post by zoomzoom »

new things as well as old as I fond again today and if fond its at top self prices,$90 was the best prices I could find today for a caliper,so asked u-steal it for a price on r31 calipers $44ea so that might be on the cards sooner than later after ring nissan not haing a part NO. for the rebuild kit so thinking if I find one else where it going to be $$$$$ so if I can do tass,s r31 rear set a under $400 rebuild calipers new rotors then it mite b the way to go. maybe
cheers for the input people

zoomzoom
fermec

Post by fermec »

I rebuilt mine a couple of weeks ago for about $20 a side
brand was protek i can get part no if you need
Matt
Timmzy

Post by Timmzy »

Matt,

Protek? From where Repco, burson, etc?

Regards,

Darren.
Race it.
fermec

Post by fermec »

Zedz clutch and brake
33 Wright Street
Sunshine VIC 3020
(03) 9311 2599
(03) 9311 3599

Mega Auto Parts
4/308 Kororoit Creek Road
Williamstown VIC 3016
(03) 9399 9911

Instant Parts
Micheal 0419 512 428

Mega was the cheapest
Zedz are a direct reseller for excede (daikin)

Matt
zoomzoom

Post by zoomzoom »

have to do give it a go when I get to Qlds,exa,s in the back of a shipping contaner waying to go.I wanted to drive it up but the Cook saids no o'well

zoomzoom