end of the road

General chat related to anything N12.
paul w

end of the road

Post by paul w »

A few days ago

Yesterday

Well, that's it, folks.
Mum bought the thing new in 1983, and when she died, dad drive it, and when he died a couple of years ago, I have been driving it since.
It's been a challenge at times, but the problems were gradually ironed out, and with a recent fittment of new rings, and a gearbox service two days ago, it was running like a dream.
I had a bed made up in the back (the only seat left was the driver's seat), and just the other week had a mattress custom-made. It was so comfy to sleep in.
The last few years I've done heaps of touring, especially through the Snowy Mtns.
I know we shouldn't get attached to 'things', after all, it is just a car, but still, I could have cried.
The idiot pulled out in front of me, I slammed on the brakes and tried to swerve around, but he slammed into the side, and I was slid into the oncoming lane. Luckily, there was a gap in the traffic, and so I was not hit.
It looks much worse in the flesh. The chassis looks like it's bent.
Many thanks to everyone who has helped me out, and especially a big thank you to tassuperkart.
It was a great ride while it lasted.
panagiwtis N13

Post by panagiwtis N13 »

well at least the hit was at the passenger's side so thankfully you didn't got hurt at all! sorry about that mate! :(
i don't care:
if you're black, white, straight, bisexual, gay, lesbian, short, tall, fat, skinny, rich or poor.
If you're nice to me, I'll be nice to you. Simple as that.
dexi_styles

Post by dexi_styles »

:cry: :cry: :cry:
That's the saddest thing. I mean its been in you family since new. I don't think I know anyone who had a car that long.

Lucky your ok.

All the best Paul

Dexi
http://forum.n12turbo.com/viewtopic.php?t=446 Benny's Old Dog....
Bringing New life to the Young Dog...
http://forum.n12turbo.com/viewtopic.php?t=348
etking

Post by etking »

it'll buff out
Members Ride: http://forum.n12turbo.com/viewtopic.php?t=6786
85 ET, M/tech LT10X, T28, FMIC 2.5" Stainless Piping, 3" Intake, Dump n Zorst, JDM Inlet, CA18DET Injectors, Bosch 040, Bodykit, 17s
samual

Post by samual »

Hey mate.

Soo sad mate.

I have a GX just sitting in my inlaws old tennis court. In great nick no rust.with 140k on the clock.

You want anything PLEASE PM me I help you out as much as I can..

I JUST north of Newcastle NSW..
paul w

Post by paul w »

The guy didn't even aplogise. To him, it was just an insurance claim.
paul w

Post by paul w »

Re; insurance

I just had third party property insurance.
Talked to a lawyer about the money and attention I've spent on it, and that the other guy's insurance will prob just offer the market value, which will not be much.
He suggested I have a good case to get some money back, with receipts, etc.
Anyone done this before?
dexi_styles

Post by dexi_styles »

paul w wrote:Re; insurance

I just had third party property insurance.
Talked to a lawyer about the money and attention I've spent on it, and that the other guy's insurance will prob just offer the market value, which will not be much.
He suggested I have a good case to get some money back, with receipts, etc.
Anyone done this before?
Find a good Smash Repairer, that will push anything. My old repairer asked me how much I liked my car, I responded with "why do you ask?" he told me that he will push to have the car repaired... (or in your case Quoted higher priced) and not paid out.

Not sure what else I could say, as I have never been in this position.

Dex
http://forum.n12turbo.com/viewtopic.php?t=446 Benny's Old Dog....
Bringing New life to the Young Dog...
http://forum.n12turbo.com/viewtopic.php?t=348
tassuperkart
Administrator
Administrator

Post by tassuperkart »

Sorry to say this as i understand your attachment to that car Paul, but realistically tere is not a stones throw in hell that car is anything other than junk now.

That repair would amount to at least 10 times the book value of that car no matter what the modifications done and lets face it, the "mods" done are not mods at all and would be considered typical running costs of such an old car.

I hate to say it but its tough love, but that thing is now worthless as far as any insurance is concerned and even more worthless as a repair option. Insurance companies have no interest in sentimental value or the amount of time and love you have invested in it.
You could "push" all you like and theyl just laugh at you.
In any case, it will be flagged a Statuary Writeoff with that level of damage and will never be registerable again this i can assure you.
Its well bent and thats all they use now to do a stat writeoff.

Best case scenario is to buy back the wreck for a couple of hundred dollars and strip the useful parts to sell, or keep for your next ET project and then say goodbye to the wreck at the crushers. Youll get around 100 dollars for a stripped shell from the scrappies. 25 buckes each for wheels and tyres..its amazing how much you can get back by parting the simplest of parts!

Remeber its just a car. Its just an inanimate object. The sentiment and memories attached and not the car, they are in your head!
You can loose the car but will always have the memories and sentiment and thats the important bit!

Let it go m8 and onwards and upwards into a turbo ET lmao!!!!

L8r
Oracle
Forcd4 wrote:Oh fuk no dude it's you a again, the oracle.
zoomzoom

Post by zoomzoom »

by the look of it the shacy bend so as tass said it scrap now as for the insurance side of things well good luck there if you get more than $500 out of court and if you did sue it would be dragged out longer then it would take you to do as tass said build another
not worth head fuck mate
chin up on we go to the wreakers ebay gumtree looking for own next love
cars are like woman there's plenty out there,

zoomzoom
tits'n' wheels gotta love'em
paul w

Post by paul w »

Yup, I know it's a wreck now.
Bastard.
Ah well, as one door closes, another one opens.
Yes, I'd rather sell whatever parts I could, rather than crush it all.
Anyone here interested?
sgs

Post by sgs »

why dont your buy another body?
paul w

Post by paul w »

Re; buying another body.

Yeah, thought about that, but t the moment, lots of things are up in the air, including work - it's boring as hell, and after the prang, figured life is too short to be working in something I'm not enjoying (I mean, the office politics - you really don't want to know).

Also not sure where I'll be living shortly - have a great house lined up (with a massive garage), but nothing is set. Until it is, I'm not going to complicate my life any further, as my current place has nowhere to work on a car.

I'm getting over it. It's just a car. The bugger was that it was running so well. Still , it proves one thing; the old 'it'll never happen to me' really IS a crock.

Drive safely, everyone.
sgs

Post by sgs »

Its not worth fuck all, might as well throw it in storage and decide later what to do. outta sight outta mind!
paul w

Post by paul w »

Hello again

It's been a while, but things are finally coming to a resolve regarding the insurance payout for my car, and I basically need some sort of value, if possible.

Basically, it's been a fight between me and the NMRA as to the value of the car.

They at first offered market value, which I rejected.
I had spent just over $8,000 on it, and argued that as the prang was not may fault, why should I lose all that cash?

To cut a very long story short, the NMRA have increased the amount, but it's still not enough (in my opinion).

As they have been such a f****** bunch of ***** to deal with, I'm now in the hands of the financial ombudsman service (FOC). Even if I have to accept their last offer, I am making sure the NRMA **** have to spend time and money on it.

So, the FOC needs as much info from me as possible, especially if I can 'prove' value the car...which is where some of you might be able to help.

Having spend $8000 on it (recon enigne, etc) how much would I be able to sell it for? What would one expect someone to pay for it?

I have no idea. It all depends on how much someone would want one like it, so who knows? It could be a reasonable amount, or not much.

Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers,

Paul

PS. Oh, I'm, now living in a toyota coaster bus...decided on a change of life, and bought a lovely ex-school bus for a song, and have been fitting it out and really enjoying it....but I really, really miss that little pulsar. What fun.