N12Turbo.com lanyards are now available! Click here to visit the shop

end of the road

General chat related to anything N12.
QkslvR83

Post by QkslvR83 »

Hi, sorry for your loss.
Mine got written off 2 weeks after I resprayed it. It was 5 odd years in the making and was finally finished. I had no insurance and was not at fault. The most I could get out their insurance company was $2600 - $400 to buy the wreck back which I stripped to build another. They didn't give a shit about how much was spent over the years to get it to that stage. Makes it even more annoying that it wasn't my fault.
Best of luck with your claims.

p.s. if your going to part it out, im interested in some interior bits.
tassuperkart
Administrator
Administrator

Post by tassuperkart »

There is a very very hard lesson to be learned here.

I hear the same stories over and over again where guys spend untold amounts of spondulah on their cars and( ignoring those who just forget to insure) STILL cant justify a few extra hundred dollars to adequately insure their cars.

Its a penny-wise-pound stupid mentality. Whats a few hundred dollars extra a year against the loss of sometimes tens of thousands of hard earned dollars along with innumerable hours of time and effort??

Sadly, insurance companies are NOT in the business to help you. they are in business to make money and by every means possible no matter how caring they come across in the flashy adverts.

Im many ways your quite fortunate that the insurance company paid out anything at all on a modified car. If things like engine numbers are different, some larger than allowed aftermarket wheels, seats or even some ICE is fitted can result in a denied claim if the company are real kents!!!!!
Your only avenue left then left to drag the other party thru a civil claims court..............That will cost more than a few grand I can tell you!

Moral here is ADEQUATELY insure your car and BEFORE you proudly parade it around. Its a necessary evil but altho might back yourself on your own driving, you cant drive fo or trustr everyone else.

Most times, its not your fault when the thing gets clobbered by some drug-fucked, brain-dead mongy in his beaten up Falcodoor.

'Nuff said and not poiting any fingers here as i dont know Quickies, or anybody elses story but why does this same scenario happen time and time again??? Just saying ladies!!!

Oracle
Forcd4 wrote:Oh fuk no dude it's you a again, the oracle.
QkslvR83

Post by QkslvR83 »

Well I guess it was a sort of a childish mentality that rolled on over the years. Starting from p plater days where insurance companies were quoting me more than the purchase price of the pulsar. So I used to laugh and think why would I pay that premium every year when I could just buy another one for cheaper? So as the years go on its like "i've saved" 13 years worth of premiums.

(I did however have a VZ monaro cv8z at some stage that was insured....because it was worth something.)

Fast forward to now, Last week I was considering insurance for the cars whilst I was re-doing the house insurance. My 2000 Lancer coupe was denied insurance by a company because it had a cat back exhaust. really???

I tried an online quote for the ET through Shannons. (they don't have et listed, but I chose the pulsar/year from their options to see) Listed all the mods to the et. I put the value at $5k because why not? Is that really too unreasonable? Denied!! because I valued it too high. Couldn't they just put the premium up to allow for the amount I wanted?

Its this type of crap that makes that old childish mentality creep back up again and say fuck it.
paul w

Post by paul w »

Hmm, think your finger is pointing vaguely in my direction, tassuperkart!
Yes, a lesson, for sure, and the only answer I can give is no answer at all; in 39 years I've never had a prang in any of my cars.
Yup, I just didn't expect it to happen.
Anyway, I have a heap of stuff to give away in the For Sale section.
tassuperkart
Administrator
Administrator

Post by tassuperkart »

Nah not pointing the fingers anywhere Paul.

At a minimum, the car should have 3rd party.
Its going to hurt you for many years to come if you sweep around that corner in your low-buck banger and do some major cosmetic adjustments to that shiny Lambo Advetador parked there.

This is something that is still being ignored by many. if the insurance is too steep to cover, then mebbe reconsidering the decision to pour buckeloads of cash into a car needs to be reconsidered.

Oracle
Forcd4 wrote:Oh fuk no dude it's you a again, the oracle.