N12Turbo.com lanyards are now available! Click here to visit the shop

someone to wire my microtech

General chat related to anything N12.
sashN12

someone to wire my microtech

Post by sashN12 »

i am willing to pay someone either on here, or a reccomended professional, to wire my up my microtech lt8. full microtech loom WAS complete and attached to parts of the std one, but its been hacked up, bout 60-70% of wires from the plug at the computer have been chopped, and dangling freely.
located in springfield 4300 QLD
call/text me on 0423483864, cheers, sash
zoomzoom

Post by zoomzoom »

get a new loom to start with then do it yourself it not hard it only two wires the stock loom igntion

zoomzoom
tits'n' wheels gotta love'em
tassuperkart
Administrator
Administrator

Post by tassuperkart »

Heheheheh, fly me up, put me up, feed me up and piss me up (arrange one of ur mothers good looking friends to be a comfort girl) and then get me home and ill fit it, get it running and road tune it!!!!!!!

Cheers
Oracle
Forcd4 wrote:Oh fuk no dude it's you a again, the oracle.
samual

Post by samual »

go Tass.

ha ha
sashN12

Post by sashN12 »

Lol if u were closer I would. Can u help me out here, what sensors can I get away with not connecting? Like tps, air temp, aux in and out, and what's the '5 volt' wire? Think I have done everything else lol. AS for map sensor, can I jest tee in the boost gauge? Thanks guys it's so close to starting lol
JETETT

Post by JETETT »

this is what taz wrote on another post

Word of warning tho, pay close attention to wiring up the fuel pump setup.
You can use the existing car wiring and relay but the stock ECU pulls the relay in on the +ive side and the other side of the relay goes to ground.
Microtech (and just about every other ECU maker) pull the relay in from the negative side so you need to make sure you alter the existing earth of the relay pullin coil (Black) to see switched 12v+ive.

Just connect the existing earth wire (Black) across to the Black/White wire on the same relay. Its a fused and switched power supply.

The existing pullin wire from the relay (Green/Blue) will connect to the GREEN wire on the Microtech.

To test it, jusg switch on ignition and touch the Blue/Yellow wire to earth somewhere.
If all is well the pump will run. Worse case, youll pop a fuse!!
Fix that then join the green Microtech wire to the Blue/Yellow stock wire and your in business.

For some reason, if the Microtech Green wire grounds via the relay coil the pump timer circuitry fries and the pump will not be controlled by the ecu.
Its pretty exxie to get Microtech to repair it as well not to mention about 2 weeks off the road.

This way theres no need to fit extra relays or run extra wiring from the Microtech out to the stock relay.

You then just need to decide how much of the original wiring to use or whether to run and entirely new loom out with all new plugs and so-on.

The latter is my personal choice. Im not a great fan of piggy-backing into the stock EFI looms..just me tho.
This will lengthen the installation by a mile but in the long term is a worthwhile investment in time and some extra money for some new plugs.

My 2 bobs neway.

L8tr
E
Dinwoodie

Post by Dinwoodie »

tassuperkart wrote:Heheheheh, fly me up, put me up, feed me up and piss me up (arrange one of ur mothers good looking friends to be a comfort girl) and then get me home and ill fit it, get it running and road tune it!!!!!!!

Cheers
Oracle
Looks like you'll be coming to melbourne next year mate, i'll have to arrange a Pay per hour comfort girl though, old lady's friends look like smashed crabs ;oP
zoomzoom

Post by zoomzoom »

Dinwoodie wrote:
tassuperkart wrote:Heheheheh, fly me up, put me up, feed me up and piss me up (arrange one of ur mothers good looking friends to be a comfort girl) and then get me home and ill fit it, get it running and road tune it!!!!!!!

Cheers
Oracle
Looks like you'll be coming to melbourne next year mate, i'll have to arrange a Pay per hour comfort girl though, old lady's friends look like smashed crabs ;oP
he wanted pissing up to so just a cube of rum and save yaself a quid mate :P :P :P

zoomzoom
tassuperkart
Administrator
Administrator

Post by tassuperkart »

Woodie
Ill be coming to Melb shortly!! Got a few cobbers to catch up with and some Zed parts to pick up.

Faces like smashed crabs are OK. Im no oil painting!!!!!! LMAO! Anyway, its what piss was invented for.. so fat ugly chicks can get a root too!!!!!!

L8r
Oracle
zoomzoom

Post by zoomzoom »

was looking for o2 wire on the lt10s to put a turbo timer and fond this

http://microtechefi.com/download/LT8_NI ... 20CYLw.pdf

zoomzoom
sashN12

Post by sashN12 »

ok, so i have spliced the white and black wire on fuel pump relay and joined the black wire to it, but now its just blowing fuses...
all i now need to get it running is sort out the starter motor relay, fuel pump, and wire the alternator and its done....and cv shafts and a wastegate....
any help would be appreciated, if i cant fix it il get a auto sparky in..
zoomzoom

Post by zoomzoom »

it's all ion the link

zoomzoom
sashN12

Post by sashN12 »

naa it aint all on there, the wiring for starter isnt, nor alternator, and the fuel pump one has me well confused. ive done it the way tas has said to and i keep blowing fuses. could this have something to with the ignition wire(pink)?
tassuperkart
Administrator
Administrator

Post by tassuperkart »

sashN12 wrote:ok, so i have spliced the white and black wire on fuel pump relay and joined the black wire to it, but now its just blowing fuses...
all i now need to get it running is sort out the starter motor relay, fuel pump, and wire the alternator and its done....and cv shafts and a wastegate....
Errrm..... well youve done it wrong then.
L8r
Oracle
sashN12

Post by sashN12 »

tassuperkart wrote:
sashN12 wrote:ok, so i have spliced the white and black wire on fuel pump relay and joined the black wire to it, but now its just blowing fuses...
Errrm..... well youve done it wrong then.
L8r
Oracle
Obviously lol......... Car goes to a profesional tomorow, someone who knows what there doing with microtechs. Should be running by tomorrow night, fingers crossed.....