N12Turbo.com lanyards are now available! Click here to visit the shop

wats the verdict on et's

General chat related to anything N12.
brad85et

wats the verdict on et's

Post by brad85et »

hi there

i have an et with few mods nothing major,im going to rebuild the engine with all the good bits, and was just wondering wat people think there like,how hard do they go with the right bits on them.
samual

Post by samual »

Just do it.

Especially if you do a lot of the work yourself.

The grin on your face as you are still burning rubber in third will be priceless.
brad85et

Post by brad85et »

ok awesome i would like to be thrown back in my seat a bit how possible is that
samual

Post by samual »

Look at the completed article section.

And look over all the threads.

Think of what bit you want to change and use the search feature up top to the right.
Valentich

Post by Valentich »

People are always amazed when they get into an ET.
They never look like they go. That's a bonus, when you hear people so surprised!
And when you look at it, its a cheap turbo car that is cheap to do up.
They're sweet little things.
Kimmo

Post by Kimmo »

Start with the AFM relocation. And remember to replace the overboost valve with a bung before you up the boost.
micksetn12

Post by micksetn12 »

to right i cant wait till i get mine going :)
Forcd4

Post by Forcd4 »

here's my opinnion which i find hard enough to get my with to agree so why would anyone one else,

if you already have the et, and your mods will be slow and done cheaply then they are very well suited...... if you dont have the et, are somewhatr cashed up to purchase a car. then i've learned after driving mates cars that one just bought for 8 grand, thats right 8 grand.... an evo 3 forged internals external gate gt2871 turbo external gate custom manifold custom front mount...... now i paid 5 grand for my et, alot for what it is but one owner low km's blah blah that means fuk all cos even after you drop 10 grand on your single over head cam old technology motor that remains front wheel drive you dont even come withing air rifle range of this evo from stand still, rolling, fuk a 50 meter head start......

et'sare shit, i bought mine cos i was young and its a cheap care to tinker with and i like something different.... if you want something you will pour your hard earned into and get a real decent return, keep away from them. look at alternatives... familiar gtx, laser tx3 4x4 turbo, any early lancer evo, all of these are fuk loads ahead of the et to begin with and have to potential to be absolute weopons

et's smoke pole, i work on mine for mechanical satisfaction and i'm married so no argument i bring to the table would net me any of these other cars so i'm stuck with it
zoomzoom

Post by zoomzoom »

Forcd4 your so full of shit,
we all love our n12s be they exa "THE BETTER OF THE TWO" or the et ,
yes there not the fastest car on the road,but as has been said before,people are very surpised when you drop the clutch and they get thrown back in their seat and your still spinning the wheels in third on 10psi i know i was when i got mine back on the road.but mate at the end of the day it up to you
you either love then or hate them, we love them
I hit 190k in fith one day out on the hwy one day not long back,shit myself thought i was going to start flying,"if only the exa had wings lol"
If i were you i'd ask around on here for someone to take you for a ride i theirs, then you can be the judge of our little beloved n12s
its all about personal taste mate

zoomzoom
tits'n' wheels gotta love'em
TurboZ.Dude

Post by TurboZ.Dude »

Well put Zoomzoom! :D

I can understand your frustration Forcd4, but hey. Such is life. You can't always have things your way. Perhaps you'll one day learn to enjoy the N12! 8)
My N12:
http://forum.n12turbo.com/viewtopic.php?t=4926,
http://www.zxoc.co.uk/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=6345
http://forums.mightycarmods.com/showthr ... Pulsar-N12
in all honesty dude these cars are shit but they have so much character, are fun and go fairly well when running right. we still play around with these things because they are a fun addictive little shitbox! :D - Ash
ziddy0786

Post by ziddy0786 »

Its amazing what you could do with a cherry turbo blow many sport cars of the road ir your a good driver lol. My cheery turbo was producing 199.3bhp back in 2006 and It was chewing cars up
madn12

Post by madn12 »

Forcd4 wrote: et's smoke pole
eh... :roll:

yeh theres better cars out there, some cheaper, quicker, easy cheap go fast parts etc but they dont have the character like the n12s
they where also one of the best cars to come out of the 80's imo... just look at how many where around in the day!
85 n12 n/a manual pulsar - extractors | muffler | coilovers <gone
86 n12 et pulsar - vl tb | pod | coilovers | full kit
88 tn magna with worked n/a motor
96 te magna dumped on 18"s
02 tj VRX
Damo

Post by Damo »

Forcd4 wrote:here's my opinnion which i find hard enough to get my with to agree so why would anyone one else,

if you already have the et, and your mods will be slow and done cheaply then they are very well suited...... if you dont have the et, are somewhatr cashed up to purchase a car. then i've learned after driving mates cars that one just bought for 8 grand, thats right 8 grand.... an evo 3 forged internals external gate gt2871 turbo external gate custom manifold custom front mount...... now i paid 5 grand for my et, alot for what it is but one owner low km's blah blah that means fuk all cos even after you drop 10 grand on your single over head cam old technology motor that remains front wheel drive you dont even come withing air rifle range of this evo from stand still, rolling, fuk a 50 meter head start......

et'sare shit, i bought mine cos i was young and its a cheap care to tinker with and i like something different.... if you want something you will pour your hard earned into and get a real decent return, keep away from them. look at alternatives... familiar gtx, laser tx3 4x4 turbo, any early lancer evo, all of these are fuk loads ahead of the et to begin with and have to potential to be absolute weopons

et's smoke pole, i work on mine for mechanical satisfaction and i'm married so no argument i bring to the table would net me any of these other cars so i'm stuck with it
As long as that is your opinion, thats fine,.............. I suppose.

I like to think getting the Australia's first proper injected turbo car to boggie harder and faster than the latest turbo creation from Ford is a challenge that everyone with a N12 Poosar should aim for!
Besides, for the entry price of any that you mentioned, you could have a N12 into the 13's.

Damo
Do humanity a favor, use your brain and fight the forces of WOO WOO!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G1mrbxhWU5Y
Timmzy

re

Post by Timmzy »

I think ET's are great for what they are.

Comparing them to EVO's is not really what its about in my opinion. Imagine trying to rebuild your transfer/gearbox in a EVO........stuff that. If you can even get a spanner onto some of those bolts up there........

Having said that - I did a motorkhana/tarmac day at shepparton with the EVO club. There 28 cars there mostly evo's and some big HP ones at that! I came 6th in my little ET. I was prepared to wrap the shit out of my car and have heaps of fun. It would be accurate to say that people like to "look after" there more expensive EVO's, WRX's etc. And I understand that because of $$$$.

But what is the point if you are not going to have fun in it??

I think this is the real joy in these cars - they are worth fuk all and they are easy modify.

Darren.
Race it.
Forcd4

Post by Forcd4 »

zoomzoom wrote:Forcd4 your so full of shit,
we all love our n12s be they exa "THE BETTER OF THE TWO" or the et ,
yes there not the fastest car on the road,but as has been said before,people are very surpised when you drop the clutch and they get thrown back in their seat and your still spinning the wheels in third on 10psi i know i was when i got mine back on the road.but mate at the end of the day it up to you
you either love then or hate them, we love them
I hit 190k in fith one day out on the hwy one day not long back,shit myself thought i was going to start flying,"if only the exa had wings lol"
If i were you i'd ask around on here for someone to take you for a ride i theirs, then you can be the judge of our little beloved n12s
its all about personal taste mate

zoomzoom

dude i still work on my et till this very day, you been in a 10 sec evo??? 700hp cressida?? 9 sec ba ford??? for the money you put into an et to do things properly and not junk yard mod your car your better off buying something else, i've spent ( most will say wasted ) easily 35 jingles on my et, mod this mod that shit dont work , broken parts after upgrading something, i thought et's were fast when i was 20, i plus those around me have moved up in the world, there cars have changed and now i witness real power, not the pushed back into your seat you mention i mean you cant even tilt your head forward and the seat feels like its gunna break in half.

im here arent it, i own one and love workin on it there zippy not overwhelmed by technology and dont cost much to mod, as my mates ba just cost him $18000 to put a power glide and transbrake in. in this day and age you fairly modded et will still get pumped by a stock mps turbo auto with a hairdresser driving it.............. things have changed