N12Turbo.com lanyards are now available! Click here to visit the shop

et running like a rotary, not pulling and hard starting

General chat related to anything N12.
sashN12

et running like a rotary, not pulling and hard starting

Post by sashN12 »

so the last few days the pulsar has been spluttering when u put ya foot down, but only for 1-2 seconds then clears up, but at full boost u can hear it struggling hard. have checked all hoses, leads etc. im thinking AFM? atm it wont even start, but it gets goin eventually. weird part is, it comes good some times and pulls normally. almost like it goes into shock mode then back out, but sometimes stays on forever.
BlueEXA

Post by BlueEXA »

Have you checked the leads on the ECU?
sashN12

Post by sashN12 »

I did about 2 weeks ago but I'l double check.
Andjeti

Post by Andjeti »

Ecu is best bet.
Other things to check, clogged Air Filter, sticky MAF flap, incorrectly adjusted AFM Spring (doubtful unless you've fiddled), dirty/loose AFM wiring plug, clogged Fuel Filter, dirty Injectors, Injector leads/plugs (Clean the terminals anyway, wont hurt, and they can get fairly dirty), and it may sound weird but TPS (I know mine was a pig when the TPS was adjusted wrong).

Being intermittent sound like something loose in the wiring to me, but I've seen partially clogged "bits" cause a similar issue, a bit of a rattle causes them to free enough to flow, but then another rattle causes them to clog up again.
"Dog's go Woof Woof. Wog's go Doof Doof"
ET Turbo Decal Reproductions
sashN12

Post by sashN12 »

Not sure if it makes any difference but it doesn't do it when cold...
Have cleaned afm and the plug, messed round with the screw as it was getting waay too much fuel. Still the same. Couldn't be coil could it?
sashN12

afm

Post by sashN12 »

ok, so i adjusted the screw in the afm. did it all the way up, then 2 4 6 8 10 turns and all the way out and it didnt change the mixtures. so i think its fair 2 say the afm is royally fucked. blows black smoke, pops, have to start with full throttle so it doesnt foul up.
Sohcturbs

Post by Sohcturbs »

I'd suggest that it sounds like a CAS issue.
Damo

Post by Damo »

My favorite minor issue is the water temp sensor.

Try this out, start the engine and get it to operating temp. When its upto temp, unplug the sensor. The engine should literally die within seconds from being massively rich. If you have messed with the afm settings and got it to run without the sensor, unplugging it wont have any effect.
If this is the case, I'd be cleaning its terminals and the harness connections. Mind you, if the senor is now working as intended, the engine will run rough from messing with the AFM.

Damo
Do humanity a favor, use your brain and fight the forces of WOO WOO!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G1mrbxhWU5Y
sashN12

Post by sashN12 »

Putting in new afm tonight, if it doesn't help I'l try the temp sensor. Lol need an aftermarket computer, wouldn't have these problems lol
tommyt

Post by tommyt »

Good luck with that afm dude let us know how it goes
Dont forget to breathe!!!!
sashN12

:)

Post by sashN12 »

will do mate, cheers again.
Damo

Post by Damo »

sashN12 wrote:Putting in new afm tonight, if it doesn't help I'l try the temp sensor. Lol need an aftermarket computer, wouldn't have these problems lol

Ummmmmm....... Factory or non factory ecu won't operate correctly with only some of its sensors!

Damo
Do humanity a favor, use your brain and fight the forces of WOO WOO!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G1mrbxhWU5Y
xr6eta

Post by xr6eta »

sashN12 wrote:Lol need an aftermarket computer, wouldn't have these problems lol
No just a whole heap of more advanced problems, choose wisely and learn all you can before going down that path. I didn't learn, went down that path and now my computer guru is leaving me for warmer climates. I choose lt10 because of a good deal but have had an amount of issues so choose carefully.
sashN12

Post by sashN12 »

put another afm in it roday and it ran even worse so ripped it out and put mine in now it wont start lol. then i found a crack in the rocker breather to intake manifold and a dodgy ignition lead. so first thing tomorow il put new hose, plugs, leads in it and c how we go. fingers crossed
tassuperkart
Administrator
Administrator

Post by tassuperkart »

Coolant Temp Sensor m8.
Damo has already mentioned it.

If there is a wiring issue or the sensor is dead the thing will default to rich as buggery.
Try another one. Just plug it in hanging in the breeze. It wont matter for the purposes of the exercise and the sensor itself does not need to be earthed.

Mixture screw on the AFM is simply and air bypass and either slightly opens or closes the flapper door in the afm to trim fuel and will have NO effect at any throttle except idle.

L8r
E
Forcd4 wrote:Oh fuk no dude it's you a again, the oracle.