N12Turbo.com lanyards are now available! Click here to visit the shop

et running like a rotary, not pulling and hard starting

General chat related to anything N12.
tommyt

Post by tommyt »

Not cool dude... good luck tryin to find problem, i would offer some input but im no good at nameing engine parts lol.
Let me know if you need a hand dude?

Tom
Dont forget to breathe!!!!
sashN12

Post by sashN12 »

So now I got no spark. Traced it back to the resistor that sits on the coil. It has power coming in but non going out to the dizzy. Damn there hard to find!!! Anyone got a spare?
tassuperkart
Administrator
Administrator

Post by tassuperkart »

Errrm not a resistor... its a PTU (Power Transistor Unit) and no, you wont get anything on the output!
L8r
E
Forcd4 wrote:Oh fuk no dude it's you a again, the oracle.
sashN12

Post by sashN12 »

ok, so replaced the computer and got into the diagnostic mode today, found out its my afm, coil and water temp sensor. replaced afm with the spare i had and got new coil. it started. yay, just runs like shit when up to temp and wont start when its warm. ordered temp sensor from autobarn, $23 and will arrive tomorow. fingers crossed it will be all good :)
txateu

Post by txateu »

Hey Sash, What type of coil did you end up buying? And did the new temp sensor fix the problem? I'm having a fairly similar issue where my one idles fine but when you out a load on it, the engine just struggles. Hopefully you have the answer i need
cheers Michael,
sashN12

xx

Post by sashN12 »

i just got a coil that looked the same, was a bit smaller but i wrapped it in a bit of cardboard.
yeh temp sensor sorta fixed it, code still kept coming up on computer, but it did pull hard, even with a FUCKED engine.
but i never had the same not starting issues again....
does urs sorta stutter around half to full throttle?
txateu

Post by txateu »

nah mine stutters if i plant it from idle. i think its just running rich but after a second or two it seems ok. i swapped out my coil and afm but its doing the same thing. so i might try one my spare ecu's.
cheers Michael,